Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This video?:

Is it the one where he told Obama on numerous occasions that Kim wanted talks but it fell on deaf ears?

Obama basically spent 8 years sitting on his hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      Is it the one where he told Obama on numerous occasions that Kim wanted talks but it fell on deaf ears?

Obama basically spent 8 years sitting on his hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep he goes through this.

I saw a documentary where it said that Chairman Mao sent a letter I think to President Lyndon Johnson at the time, saying that capitalism wasn't an enemy of China and he was happy to work with the US. He either didn't get the letter, or he ignored it.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Is that "a few months ago" when Trump was publicly calling him "little rocket man" and threatening North Korea with "fire and fury."
      Maybe that is exactly why it worked ? Seems that Trump will get no credit from anyone no matter what he does, he may as well have declared war on North Korea and dropped a few hundred bombs just to show Kim who is in charge. Seems most people think it is a complete waste of time trying to end a 70 year war. Nah let's just carry on the hatred
      Spielberg is GOD.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      In Trumps view North Korea = real estate. He said it himself.

Now i wonder who'll be getting those contracts?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      Maybe that is exactly why it worked ? Seems that Trump will get no credit from anyone no matter what he does, he may as well have declared war on North Korea and dropped a few hundred bombs just to show Kim who is in charge. Seems most people think it is a complete waste of time trying to end a 70 year war. Nah let's just carry on the hatred

This meeting was pretty easy - North Korea has wanted to sit down with the US for ages, and Trump wants some foreign policy success as a legacy - every US president does, and yes I credit him for doing that. I don't think his unique diplomatic style made any difference in this case though. Arguably almost ruined it if it wasn't for Kim's determination to have the meeting.

If Trump wants credit for not dropping lots of nuclear bombs, OK thats quite a low bar to clear

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by So.CalGull View Post
      All of those things are in most part inherited from the previous governments, as someone who lives here I can tell you that the economy has been growing steady for many years even before Obama, house prices are soaring, which creates jobs....in 18 months time when it all comes crashing back down again as these things do every 10-15 years, he will distance himself from it all, and as others have done in the past, he will blame the previous administration for losing control of the budget.

It is irrelevant who is President, the economic culture of all countries is a long drawn out process that does not dramatically turn around in 18 months.

You very nicely side stepped any of the platforms that he stood for during his campaign, the wall and Mexico paying for it, Hilary going to jail, banning other cultures from entering and possibly the biggest promise to repeal Obamarcare...not one of those is even close to fruition, and never will.

He is cashing in on things he had no control over from day one, the promises he made and has not delivered on is what this country are judging him on, so far the opinion here is just, meh.
      Someone living in Cali hating Trump? Well I never.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      I don’t agree with his stance on Iran, but it’s probably just "banter" between them as a build up to a big meeting where everyone comes out happy. Iran is the next test and we may see a pattern.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      Someone living in Cali hating Trump? Well I never.
      And as I am sure you area aware, my little part behind the Orange Curtain has been a Republican stronghold for 100+ years, but don't let small details cloud your judgement.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Maybe if he's got a spare 5 minutes he could sort out Brexit for us.
      Would do no worse that the bunch currently having a go