Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Flats in Brighton & Hove.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes, you'd get something decent for £300k. You'll be parting with the vast majority of it though.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Me and the Mrs have a pretty good sized 2 bed flat in central Brighton. Our neighbour (same layout) was recently valued at £250k.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The area is quite large, so can't really give an opinion on the whole of the area. We don't know your requirements, do they include schools or do you have preferences for beach view etc.
Use Rightmove, find properties that might be interesting to you and then ask for opinions on that area.

I am sure you will be given plenty of help if you narrow it down a bit, otherwise property is expensive in the Brighton area is about all we can offer.

Thanks.
I’m 55 in two years time and looking to slow down a bit , so looking to sell the house I’m renovating and use the money to buy a flat in the area so I can spend a bit more time down south, especially during the football season.
When not using it , family and friends can use it and maybe rent it out. Would definitely prefer two beds as I have grandchildren and preferably not too far from the seafront.
Is it worth looking further out Worthing, Peacehaven etc?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If I was to move to the Brighton area, I'd quite fancy Falmer village! (not that I could afford it alas)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Thanks.
I’m 55 in two years time and looking to slow down a bit , so looking to sell the house I’m renovating and use the money to buy a flat in the area so I can spend a bit more time down south, especially during the football season.
When not using it , family and friends can use it and maybe rent it out. Would definitely prefer two beds as I have grandchildren and preferably not too far from the seafront.
Is it worth looking further out Worthing, Peacehaven etc?

so ..... you're after a holiday home?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

You won't get much in Saltdean for £300K.

I own a flat in Telscombe Cliffs but would really like to move back to Saltdean where I grew up. Sadly the equity my other half and I have accumulated since buying our place (2 bed flat in a lovely location) three years ago doesn't come close to getting us a deposit on anything more than a tiny flat in Saltdean, and we don't want to downsize.

Getting on the ladder in the first place was ridiculously hard but it doesn't look like upscaling is going to be any easier :tantrum:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Saltdean is the answer. Not that flat, mind, as its for the over 60's. This one isn't though( http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54338748.html) and is in the same complex. As an added bonus it's built on the old Butlins site which was once used for the exterior shots of a Poirot episode. So [MENTION=27032]Mr Bridger[/MENTION] could live on a historic film set. And I once read that the shop for local people in Little Britain was inspired by the gift shop in longridge avenue, a shop that is mere metres away from Butlins. Saltdean is the answer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You won't get much in Saltdean for £300K.

I own a flat in Telscombe Cliffs but would really like to move back to Saltdean where I grew up. Sadly the equity my other half and I have accumulated since buying our place (2 bed flat in a lovely location) three years ago doesn't come close to getting us a deposit on anything more than a tiny flat in Saltdean, and we don't want to downsize.

Getting on the ladder in the first place was ridiculously hard but it doesn't look like upscaling is going to be any easier :tantrum:

I don't know what your budget is but 300k will still just about get you something half decent in Saltdean. It blows my mind how expensive the place is becoming.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Saltdean is the answer. Not that flat, mind, as its for the over 60's. This one isn't though( http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54338748.html) and is in the same complex. As an added bonus it's built on the old Butlins site which was once used for the exterior shots of a Poirot episode. So [MENTION=27032]Mr Bridger[/MENTION] could live on a historic film set. And I once read that the shop for local people in Little Britain was inspired by the gift shop in longridge avenue, a shop that is mere metres away from Butlins. Saltdean is the answer.

That Butlins development is a nightmare there’s nowhere to park and there’s some interesting tenants to say the least. Wouldn’t live there for a gold clock.

Little Britain shop is based on the little one that was next to the plough in rottingdean. I know the fella who owns the shop you refer to he would piss himself if he knew people thought it was the little Britain shop,

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That Butlins development is a nightmare there’s nowhere to park and there’s some interesting tenants to say the least. Wouldn’t live there for a gold clock.

Little Britain shop is based on the little one that was next to the plough in rottingdean. I know the fella who owns the shop you refer to he would piss himself if he knew people thought it was the little Britain shop,

Is that right? I don't think I've ever met any of the people who live there. I'm not even sure the flats were built when I left Saltdean. I preferred it when it was butlins/the grand ocean as it was a great free facility for us kids to walk in off the street and use.

As for the gift shop...I've not been in there since about 1990. I can't lie, I'm a little sad it isn't the inspiration for Little Britain. Bloody Rottingdean.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And I once read that the shop for local people in Little Britain was inspired by the gift shop in longridge avenue, a shop that is mere metres away from Butlins. Saltdean is the answer.
I thought the shop for local people in Rottingdean was from The League of Gentlemen :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here