[Football] Who Will Win The World Cup?

Who Will Win The World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Werner up front will actually be one of their strengths and Kimmich is a quality player.

But apart from that, Neuer obviously hasn't played for a long time, same as Reus and Boateng is struggling for fitness. And then Hummells, Ozil and Muller have had poor seasons by their high standards. Khedira is 31 now and not as good or mobile as he was a few years ago and they lack a left back of top quality.

Obviously they're still strong and will get through the group stage but for me they're certainly behind Spain, Brazil and France. Low has a lot of faith and trust in the old guard but I feel he made a mistake not picking Sane. Looking forward to see if Goretzka gets decent game time as he is really exciting.

Fair points; but has Özil ever had a really good season though :smile:? I hear what you’re saying, and there are arguments against individual players, but this is an incredibly well drilled organisation where everyone knows their roles which I feel counts for a lot. That said, whilst I am confident of a successful tournament, I don’t sense the high level of determination which was evident last time. Last time nothing was going to get between Schweinstiger and that trophy; the calm steeliness and determination he showed in interviews and on the pitch was scary.

We will see.

PS agree about Kimmich. He is also useful in that he can, and has, played at a high level in the centre of midfield and central defence.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
ON paper Belgium , on the pitch Argentina .

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Really fancy Argentina for some reason. Messi has got to step up at some point hasn't he?

The gamble is with the back five BUT Otamendi has had a great season and Mascherano and Rojo could step up to the plate. If one of the three barely capped keepers can have a good World Cup, I don't think they should be written off, and it would be high-time for Messi to win something on the international stage.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
France. Talent all over the pitch although the full-backs lack a little experience. Deschamps is under pressure with Zinedine Zidane waiting in the wings.......it's France's turn though.

As an outside bet, Poland could go a long way at 66/1. Robert Lewandowski may well be the top goalscorer and Arkadiusz Milik of Napoli is there to support him up front. Got a good draw and could do well in the tournament.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brazil for me, everyone’s 2nd favourite team, the people’s champions. All that Samba flair, the sensational Neymar, I think it’s their time.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
loads going for Germany this time round,only 12 posters picked them 4 years ago

in Brazil

Germany played 7,won 6 drew 1

2-2 with Ghana

it's a funny old game

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel he made a mistake not picking Sane.

Sane hasn’t really impressed at international level though. It was a straight choice between Brandt and Sane, and Brandt got the nod. Löw also said he wasn’t prepared to drop other players to accomdate Sane; he wanted balance and back ups and the beneficiary of this was the Hertha BSC left back.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Watch out for the KGB - Russia will stop at nothing and be on a high but that’s probably just the drugs! :mad:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems like you're right. A bit unfair on Ter Stegen.

I agree. Ter Stegen’s time will come though. I know goalkeepers go on a bit longer but I’ll be surprised if Neuer is still no 1 at the next World Cup.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
England will not only get to the final but will win the tourney.

You of
Little faith will remember this post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here