Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 764
  1. #31
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kitbag in Dubai
    Posts
    4,956


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conelli98 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have we ever had a Percy?
    Never on a first date.
    "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
    - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
    "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
    - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      10,431


      2 Not allowed!
      In that Barca video his control of the ball and passing doesn't look that great, but has pace which I guess could be handy.

      Think I'd rather keep Baldock(if only he could stay fit).
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #33
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Posts
      1,261


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In that Barca video his control of the ball and passing doesn't look that great, but has pace which I guess could be handy.

      Think I'd rather keep Baldock(if only he could stay fit).
      Sam B never fit, so I don’t understand your point?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
    • #34
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      tokyo
      Posts
      8,768


      0 Not allowed!
      My initial reaction after having seen that highlights video is that he' lightening fast but playing in a shit league. Baldock would look absolutely world class in that league so with that in mind I'd edge towards a no...BUT...the recruitment team over the last few seasons have got it pretty much spot on so if they think he's worth it who am I to disagree?

      Maybe he's seen as a Baldock replacement that is of a similar level/ability but would be happy to be fourth choice whereas Baldock wants game time?
    • #35
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Posts
      1,261


      0 Not allowed!
      Sam B wanting game time is laughable IMHO. He is just too injured and yet to prove himself at Prem level. Offload Sam B. Get in a similar style striker who might just make it. Why we offered Sam B 3 years last summer is beyond me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
    • #36
      Members Green Cross Code Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Eastbourne
      Posts
      11,835


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sam B wanting game time is laughable IMHO. He is just too injured and yet to prove himself at Prem level. Offload Sam B. Get in a similar style striker who might just make it. Why we offered Sam B 3 years last summer is beyond me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Maybe, just maybe, Baldock wants game time so he can 'prove himself at prem level'?
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
    • #37
      Members HastingsSeagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      BGC Manila
      Posts
      7,344


      0 Not allowed!
      He's much more of a winger than a striker but would fit the Knockaert, Izquierdo type of inverted winger we seem to like.

      I reckon he'd be a back-up rather than go straight in but an interesting gamble.
    • #38
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      14,949


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sam B wanting game time is laughable IMHO. He is just too injured and yet to prove himself at Prem level. Offload Sam B. Get in a similar style striker who might just make it. Why we offered Sam B 3 years last summer is beyond me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      On a contract we can command a fee. I would imagine there is a host of championship teams that would pay for him whereas I don't think he is good enough for the PL.
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam
      Posts
      23,347


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ....... Get in a similar style striker who might just make it.
      Keep coming back to the same potential replacement........ Kodjia from Aston Villa
      1959/60 - 2018/19
      60 seasons following the Albion
    • #40
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      23,099


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Must have had loads of them, before the first World War, and more between the wars.

      Both well before my time!
      We've had one Percy before - Percy Varco who made one appearance in the 1932-33 season (it was against Coventry)
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •