Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Team Percy.

When they get Winstano out of that cave in Thailand, the first thing he needs to do is sing Tau.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Up to Barber to perform his work permit magic.

I suspect they won't even announce it until that hurdle is negotiated - otherwise we could look a bit silly and Tau will have to go out on loan to Union SG or elsewhere.

One of the replies is from - A broke nigga - he isn't happy. Why would you call yourself a nigga though

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
One of the replies is from - A broke nigga - he isn't happy. Why would you call yourself a nigga though

Because outside of Rappers and many other persons of colour it is only the leftie/PC elite that go mad. They call themselves that quite happily at times.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very cheap for a gamble which could come off big. He's not a striker though and I'm sure won't be starting in August for us unless it's a friendly. I like the move a lot though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If I was broke I wouldn't be happy. And maybe spelling .....ermm...... that word - with an 'a' is a new PC way of spelling it, rather than the traditional 'er' ending?

Or perhaps he's a bellend.................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those that were called it as a derogatory lazy racist name harking back to slavery, took ownership of the word, made it theirs, thereby removing it from the racial stereotype.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Interestingly sign now, OR we will sign him on pre contract agreement in Jan and take him for free...

To be honest, I think we will look to get it over the line this window. Relatively, £2.75 million is not a huge amount of money for a 24 year old striker. If he has a mediocre season and we want to offload him, it shouldn't be hard to make the money back from a European/Championship club.

Alternatively, if we tried to get him on a pre-contract, he has 4/5 months to change his mind before having to commit to us. We've seen players turn around after having their medical/agreeing terms because a better deal comes their way. The leadership of the club have, since the Burke days, acted pretty decisively and I reckon this will get over the line asap.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
To be honest, I think we will look to get it over the line this window. Relatively, £2.75 million is not a huge amount of money for a 24 year old striker. If he has a mediocre season and we want to offload him, it shouldn't be hard to make the money back from a European/Championship club.

Alternatively, if we tried to get him on a pre-contract, he has 4/5 months to change his mind before having to commit to us. We've seen players turn around after having their medical/agreeing terms because a better deal comes their way. The leadership of the club have, since the Burke days, acted pretty decisively and I reckon this will get over the line asap.

I think you have that about right. The way we deal with this sort of transfer is very much this is what we'll offer in this time frame and if it doesn't happen we put that card back in the pack and move on to the next target.
Our recruitment team , good as it has been has a limit to how much time it can spend on what looks in the scheme of things to be a relatively minor target. I'm sure they have other players they want to move on with and aren't going to get themselves get drawn into some endless saga for a £3millin squad player.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They think its all over...It is Tau. (well maybe)
Unusual report of Albion source talking to press about a transfer.

"But the deal now stands at a crucial juncture‚ according to a representative of the English Premier League club‚ who did not want to be named but has‚ on Wednesday‚ been speaking exclusively to TimesLIVE.
"They are frustrated that the deal remains inconclusive‚ even though Brighton made a first approach to Sundowns as far back as March with efforts to sign the Premier Soccer League’s Player of the Season.
They say their final offer has now been made and if not accepted‚ within 24 hours‚ they will walk away from the deal.
It represents the last chance for Sundowns to make money out of Tau‚ who is desperate to go and try his luck overseas.
The 24-year-old Tau is already boycotting Sundowns’ pre-season training because he feels promises made to him are being reneged upon."
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/s...0-million-final-offer-for-sundowns-percy-tau/

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
They think its all over...It is Tau. (well maybe)
Unusual report of Albion source talking to press about a transfer.

"But the deal now stands at a crucial juncture‚ according to a representative of the English Premier League club‚ who did not want to be named but has‚ on Wednesday‚ been speaking exclusively to TimesLIVE.
"They are frustrated that the deal remains inconclusive‚ even though Brighton made a first approach to Sundowns as far back as March with efforts to sign the Premier Soccer League’s Player of the Season.
They say their final offer has now been made and if not accepted‚ within 24 hours‚ they will walk away from the deal.
It represents the last chance for Sundowns to make money out of Tau‚ who is desperate to go and try his luck overseas.
The 24-year-old Tau is already boycotting Sundowns’ pre-season training because he feels promises made to him are being reneged upon."
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/s...0-million-final-offer-for-sundowns-percy-tau/

They have accepted it, it is on twitter here
https://twitter.com/TheSAnews/status/1014796049821650944

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
'A representative', eh? Very unlikely. Sounds like a made-up quote to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here