Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assume that we are very confident that he will be coming here as there must be other clubs that would meet the 4 million asking price, which is cheap for a Championship forward let alone a Premier League One? Or is he he not all that, and just a calculated gamble from the recruitment team and like McNair we have reached the ceiling of our offers.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I assume that we are very confident that he will be coming here as there must be other clubs that would meet the 4 million asking price, which is cheap for a Championship forward let alone a Premier League One? Or is he he not all that, and just a calculated gamble from the recruitment team and like McNair we have reached the ceiling of our offers.

Funny, we will happily spend 14.5 mill on a player/13.5 mill etc, but if a club wants too much for anyone we just hold firm no matter how big or small the deal...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Funny, we will happily spend 14.5 mill on a player/13.5 mill etc, but if a club wants too much for anyone we just hold firm no matter how big or small the deal...

Probably already been said but am certain our strategy is to apply a valuation to any player and put simply if available at or below this number then we’ll stump up.

If you haven’t might I suggest a read of Soccernomics which gives fascinating insight into both statistical anomalies in player pricing and also perceived value by position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Mamelodi Sundowns have stated on numerous occasions over the past 18 months that it is committed to ensuring that Percy Tau plays and pursues his career in Europe," the club said.
"We have been saddened by misrepresentations and false statements in the media concerning discussions for Percy Tau to play in Europe.
"Mamelodi Sundowns will not engage and discuss in public and with the media, the confidential negotiations that are currently underway with several interested European clubs for Percy Tau to play in Europe."

https://africanfootball.com//news/752272/Mamelodi-Sundowns-react-on-Percy-Tau-links-with-EPL-side

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"Mamelodi Sundowns have stated on numerous occasions over the past 18 months that it is committed to ensuring that Percy Tau plays and pursues his career in Europe," the club said.
"We have been saddened by misrepresentations and false statements in the media concerning discussions for Percy Tau to play in Europe.
"Mamelodi Sundowns will not engage and discuss in public and with the media, the confidential negotiations that are currently underway with several interested European clubs for Percy Tau to play in Europe."

https://africanfootball.com//news/752272/Mamelodi-Sundowns-react-on-Percy-Tau-links-with-EPL-side

Sounds like an auction, we’ll probably lose interest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is a South African club. They will be expecting all sorts of paper handshakes. But we would not and should not do that sort of thing.
I sort of guessed we had neglected to accidently leave our suitcase full of $50s in the hotel room when we left.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This is a South African club. They will be expecting all sorts of paper handshakes. But we would not and should not do that sort of thing.

Yeah right. because that sort of thing NEVER happens in super clean Europe eh?

Places like...Swizterland. London. Netherlands. All clean as a whistle.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
seems all of the known interest is in the squad additions on lower prices....I would imagine that sooner or later we will sign a player out of the blue for big money in typical Albion under the radar fashion...

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I also like to think this is the case

Oh I'd agree.

I just think our refusal to get involved in any 'shifty' business is no more likely to be a barrier in South Africa than it has been dealing with clubs anywhere else. I wonder how often we've missed a deal because of a lack of additional payments to agents, players families etc. We'll never know.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh I'd agree.

I just think our refusal to get involved in any 'shifty' business is no more likely to be a barrier in South Africa than it has been dealing with clubs anywhere else. I wonder how often we've missed a deal because of a lack of additional payments to agents, players families etc. We'll never know.

Tammy Abraham was one?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still needs a work permit though - how does he even get close to qualifying ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here