Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That event isn't unlikely from my limited understanding, it's impossible. It's not my decision to make and if I were to hypotheticate (which is a bit pointless anyway), it'd depend on what movements occur before the 25 man squad needs to be announced.

Fence then [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Of course all these rules and points systems regarding work permits mean absolutely nothing if you can convince the Exceptions Panel to make an exception. As someone else noted he is South Africa's Footballer of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and joint Top Scorer of the Season, and not only that he's been named amongst the world’s 500 most influential footballers for 2018 by World Soccer Magazine, which must mean something :)

There is a case that he is an exceptional talent playing in a lesser league and he needs rescuing!

Would have thought this is exactly what the club are doing right now, with the European placement as plan B.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Percy is a regular for South Africa already. If they were ranked in the top 50 he would likely get his work permit. But they are 83rd or thereabouts so he can't qualify for a work permit on caps. He could qualify for a work permit if he commanded a high transfer fee, was getting a high salary, playing in a top league and playing in a continental club competition.

Even if South Africa were a top 50 side he still wouldn't have met the criteria for a work permit on appearances alone. Assuming South Africa were 50th, he'd have needed to have played in 75% of games over the last 2 years. Percy has 12 caps since his debut in 2015 and in the last 2 years SA have played around 30 games, he wouldn't even reach 50% appearances. South Africa would need to be inside the top 20 for him to be anywhere near a work permit. Which isn't going to happen.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Singed

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
All done and dusted

Tau sings

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Just received an email confirming his signing, good stuff for us! Loaning him out seems to make sense as we could recall him if we need to, and give us a chance to gauge his ability. Curious who we intend to loan him out to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here