Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Drawing 0-0 away today certainly won't.

Big one up next vs Nigeria.

Who did they play - I can't see it listed anywhere?

Edit: Found it - the Seychelles are clearly harder to beat on their own 'turf' (sand?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1-1 draw with Balogun's Nigeria. Assist for Percy. SA goal about 3.40 here.

That assist is brilliant. Percy had about a 70% chance of scoring having burst into the box with the ball but he calmly picked out the player with a 95% chance of scoring with a perfect assist rather than panic or try and take the glory himself. I’d love to see this guy in the Groß role buzzing around Murray or his future replacement(s) Andone/Locadia. He has pace and poise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Right. Get his bloody registration done quick and get him in!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is there not a problem with him getting a work permit even after his loan to Belgium. as with Macallister.

I suspect Tony had a bet on us being out the EU by now.

I understand Premier League clubs see Brexit as an opportunity to get permits for non EU players much more easily.

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/percy-tau-is-on-course-to-surpass-sa-legends-20267616

"Tau is the real deal. Here’s why: What makes Tau special is his ability to read the game, his speed, his confidence, his aggression, his finishing prowess. And then there is the fact that he loves high pressure situations. He has what you call big match temperament. Only the best players have it. Tau has it.
Tau doesn’t succumb to pressure, instead he blossoms in the heat of battle. He showed that against Libya with two wonderful strikes. The execution, running off the ball, anticipation and accuracy was what made the first goal special. The second goal was about positioning and decisiveness. Plus a special strike from an acute angle.
Against Nigeria in the first Afcon qualifier in 2017, Tau came off the bench to net the second goal which killed the spirit of the Super Eagles and ensured that the historical victory was in the bag for Bafana."

….
"In the next few years, I have no doubt that Tau will be competing against the likes of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for the African Footballer of the Year gong. Roar, young lion, roar.
Tau is on nine goals in 18 matches for Bafana and if he can stay injury free, I have no doubt that he will break Benni’s record of 31 strikes. And I’m sure Benni will be the first to shake his hand."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUtCFgDYr8

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Did so well in the cup, but I'd have hoped for a bit more than 6 goals 7 assists in 23 league games purely because of the level of play.

If you put most of our attacking players in League 1 or League 2 then you'd think that return was fine for developing gradually, but if you wanted them in the first team anytime soon you'd be looking for a much better return!

Hemed for example has contributed ALOT more end product, at undoubtidly a higher level of competition.

Fingers crossed for Mr Tau in the long run though as he could be very useful in the future and was an absolute bargain.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - to be loaned out

Very good left footed and right footed strikes against Libya. Will we ever see him in the stripes though?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here