Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
https://www.transfermarkt.com/percy-tau/leistungsdaten/spieler/312239/plus/0?saison=ges

He has played 57 times as a striker so should be able to do a job there. However, I think he’ll be replacing Skalak in the squad and will be a good swap-out for Groß when we require top pace behind Murray. His assist column is impressive.

Replacement for Skalak? No way! - think about it; by far the best player (indeed, the player of the season) in a pretty low level league. It's obvious, isn't it.........

.......he's Towell's replacement!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
lot of specuaaltion over someone that has only achieved at a shocking standard of football.

If we were league 2 would be quite excited but this is the prem.

Trust the club but hell of a risk IMO

So for me , if it happens it happens , not worrying about it too much

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally think we can do a lot better. Just a gut feeling on this one.

Indeed. So rare for a good player to come to the top flight out of South Africa and do well that the last time it happened some of the new club's supporters formed a band and named it after the player's club of origin. Still, if in a few years time a band from Brighton called the Mamelodi Sundowns makes it big......:rock::lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally think we can do a lot better. Just a gut feeling on this one.

Give the guy a chance (if this signing happens), FFS...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Struggling to see any way that he qualifies for a visa tbh.
Hope we are not leading the guy on because he looks to have done serious harm to his career in SA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So let me get this straight, he is likely to be quite shit as South African football is shit and we should be aiming higher? Is that right? It all seems a lot of hassle we are going through to sign a player who is unlikely to make an impact in the Premier League :smile:

Is this just an excuse for one of the recruitment team to have a break in South Africa?

Personally quite excited to see how he works out if we sign him.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
err what...?? if you read his tweet and the rest of my post it's pretty self explanatory....:thumbsup:

I have no idea which tweet you are referring to, but based on your other replies which I have now just read I've inferred that you were referring to the name of someone's Twitter account. It didn't come across that way when I first read your post!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes it is a big call but Solly didn’t do nearly enough for me last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was quite critical at times of Solly, but it does seem that every time he gets a bit of momentum, something happens.

A couple of years ago the crucial injury when he was on fire, and last season he seemed to have adapted quite well at the start, got rested (rotated), and seemed to struggle to reestablish himself.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I was quite critical at times of Solly, but it does seem that every time he gets a bit of momentum, something happens.

A couple of years ago the crucial injury when he was on fire, and last season he seemed to have adapted quite well at the start, got rested (rotated), and seemed to struggle to reestablish himself.
c

for crucial read 'cruciate'

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I don’t disagree but there’s no room for sentiment if we want to progress and achieve bigger and better things.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have no idea which tweet you are referring to, but based on your other replies which I have now just read I've inferred that you were referring to the name of someone's Twitter account. It didn't come across that way when I first read your post!

prrrffft.... right ho mate ......broke nigga is a south african guy who reckons that european teams are ruining african football , thus my comment about perspective , please excuse your failure to correctly interpret my post resulting in you thinking i may be some sort of racist plank....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
prrrffft.... right ho mate ......broke nigga is a south african guy who reckons that european teams are ruining african football , thus my comment about perspective , please excuse your failure to correctly interpret my post resulting in you thinking i may be some sort of racist plank....

That's all well and good, but what did you do to get banned from Burswood ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here