Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If the right club would have paid his wages and guarenteed to play him a sensible amount I'm sure he'd have gone elsewhere. However if that perfect situation hasn't happened then I can well see how this is a beneficial all round compromise. We at least know he'll be played appropriately and his wages will be helping Tony's investment.

RUSG hired Luka Elsnar as head coach in July, unfortunately they have since lost their first 2 matches of the season.

I guess there was the possibility of Percy going elsewhere, but in light of their bad start, the decision has been made to send him there to inject some needed quality into a team that might otherwise struggle.

Looks like Tony is protecting 2 investments with one loan.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Under different ownership, say by an Italian or Portuguese consortium, there would be a lot of attention give to a premier league club using its millions to buy a player to play for the owner's other club. Its pretty apparent that this signing is benefiting USG immensely and BHA barely at all.

I'll give the benefit of the long-term view that we've locked in a future premier league star at a bargain price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't Bloom say (in no uncertain terms) that Saint Gilloise wouldn't be used as a feeder club? Strange that

Yeah and a couple of people are gullible enough to believe him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Even if South Africa did climb the rankings he will need another loan next season as the step up from the Belgian 2nd level would be too much I think.

Got to say, I’m massively surprised that there wasn’t interest from a higher level of football.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Aren't EU passports supposedly easier to obtain in Belgium?

I don't think it's anything to do with a passport. He'd have to spend 5 years in Belgium to qualify.

As other's have said, if the intention is for him to play for us, then we are hoping that he will regularly play for South Africa and they will climb to 50th or higher in the world rankings.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Coming from YOU? Oh my. :lolol:

To be fair . It was said by Bloom (or rather reported by the Argus ) and i believed him. Well you would wouldn't you. He's a honest bloke. And then i reminded others on here , including SB who didn't believe a word of a it, a fair few times. Sorry.
And then First chance Bloom gets , that all goes out of the window* so i'm a bit sore about it.

And SB wants to remind people that he saw it all a mile off.

Fair enough. I fell for it.

*unless there's some other explanation ! Can there be ? Clearly there's now a football link between USG and BHAFC who are both owned by TB.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair . It was said by Bloom (or rather reported by the Argus ) and i believed him. Well you would wouldn't you. He's a honest bloke. And then i reminded others on here , including SB who didn't believe a word of a it, a fair few times. Sorry.
And then First chance Bloom gets , that all goes out of the window* so i'm a bit sore about it.

And SB wants to remind people that he saw it all a mile off.

Fair enough. I fell for it.

*unless there's some other explanation ! Can there be ? Clearly there's now a football link between USG and BHAFC who are both owned by TB.

Perhaps no other club wanted him, and this was the only option.

Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just for the record.

'I' didn't see it a mile off, I believe many, if not most on here, saw it a mile off.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is it new news that when Percy signs he is likely to go to Tony Bloom's club in Belgium, Royale Union Saint Gilloise?

Nope: just 'fake news'.

After Tony claimed there'd be no link between the two clubs, I'd be extremely shocked.
The standard of the Belgian second div is crap too, to the bargain.

You're right though: that's a very solid source. Hmm. Interesting.

Look in the replies to that tweet. It appears he's unaware that there is NO affiliation between the two clubs. Also, thinking about it logically, loaning him to the Belgian Second Tier is neither adequate for acclimatising him to European football, nor is it adequate for aiding his work permit, so I'd be stunned if he actually did go there on loan.

#cough#

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Why do you think TB bought the Belgium club in the first place? It was his second club? He felt sorry that the club with lots of history was going down the pan? He liked the strip?
He bought it because a lot of players born in Sussex get snapped up by the big club at ridiculously young ages, so he thinks it may be a source of decent young talent. Plus, he can send out players from BHA to gain decent experience without crazy conditions, plus BHA can decide how and when the other club use him so they can control a players development.
The fact that TB didn’t print this on the front page of the Argus is up to him, you don’t get to where he has by not thinking ahead.
In the long run, we will benefit and it’s his money...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here