Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And if we do sign Tau it does make me wonder, at the end of next season which of our 5 forwards will have had the most game time ….. Gross, Murray, Locadia, Andone, Tau?

I’ve no idea, but my guess is that Tau and Locadia would get much less than they would like, Murray will get more than people suspect and Gross will remain undroppable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which is now in a position to make him money.

Bloom will never get back, what he has put into the Albion. He's always understood that, and been comfortable with it.

However, now his dreams have become reality and the club is in a position to consolidate in the PL, it has inevitably transformed into a huge business -with all the responsibilities and pressures that entails - huge staff, etc. I can easily see how some of the FUN he might have had when the club was smaller could be lost along the way, and why a second little club, to try and build up, might be appealing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They may well have qualified for residency in Belgium and passport which would then allow them to work here. They may have subsequently met the criteria for gaining a UK work permit which in Football is primarily based on international appearances.

I will say it again, there is no rule in place that means someone getting a work permit in one EU country will automatically get one to work here. In the UK a work permit covers the job you are doing at that time and is not transferable, if you get a new job then a new work permit application would need to be made by the new company you wish to work for.

There are quite specific rules for gaining work permits for Non EU footballers, I suggest you google them rather than vaguely quoting something about Belgium and Africa and continuing your normal stance of arguing your point from a basis of mis-information.

I am not arguing just asking a question from those that know more than me about this situation

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've not been following this thread but presumably Percy Tau will get the RIchie Towell baby song?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've not been following this thread but presumably Percy Tau will get the RIchie Towell baby song?

I think so. I also believe that 'having a song' in advance of arriving in the country is worth an extra 10 points towards getting a work permit.

And a fit WAG gets another 5.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
But it's Tay soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tay, tay, tay, tay, t-t-t-tay-tay, tay, tay

I quite look forward to hearing thousands of grown ish men singing a Mel & Kim song .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Bloom will never get back, what he has put into the Albion. He's always understood that, and been comfortable with it.

However, now his dreams have become reality and the club is in a position to consolidate in the PL, it has inevitably transformed into a huge business -with all the responsibilities and pressures that entails - huge staff, etc. I can easily see how some of the FUN he might have had when the club was smaller could be lost along the way, and why a second little club, to try and build up, might be appealing.

If you believe what the Argus says, then he has always wanted to own a foreign club, aswell as the Albion. I think it was more the right time to tick of another thing on his bucket list rather than some of the fun going out of owning the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How would he gain the criteria needed by playing in Belgium? They don't count as a top league or secondary league, nor is USG going to be playing in the Europa league, so the only way he'd gain the criteria needed is for South Africa to climb the rankings.

Getting a Belgian passport, but how long that takes, who knows?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But it's Tay soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tay, tay, tay, tay, t-t-t-tay-tay, tay, tay

I quite look forward to hearing thousands of grown ish men singing a Mel & Kim song .

Well thousands of grown English men have been singing an Atomic Kitten song for the last month so Mel and Kim will seem positively macho after that!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My view is that Bloom is taking a punt on this one. Not expensive,and just maybe ? CH never wanted to play SB,and i guess PT will have his work cut out,to even make the match day squad......A bit like SB.....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My view is that Bloom is taking a punt on this one. Not expensive,and just maybe ? CH never wanted to play SB,and i guess PT will have his work cut out,to even make the match day squad......A bit like SB.....

SB I agree. PT is TBD...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009

ffs just put the frigging names in, it takes me 30 minutes to work out if its English !!

ch = chris h sb= sam b pt= percy t sam b i think or is it a crossword puzzle ?

come home from pub pissed and get this !!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All he’s got to do is set fire to a Union Jack and he can have a British one.

unblock

What a weird, sad, freakweasel you are

and

reblock :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here