Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. Agreed. And apologies and other posters also did too. I believed Bloom. And it appears i was very mistaken.
What were Bloom's words ? I don't think he specifically totally ruled out an occasional loan, did he ?

Anyway, this makes some sense as it means Tony retains total control of the player whilst he goes through the work permit qualification.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What were Bloom's words ? I don't think he specifically totally ruled out an occasional loan, did he ?

Anyway, this makes some sense as it means Tony retains total control of the player whilst he goes through the work permit qualification.

Not sure this story , with presumably TB or a source close to TB as its source, could be any clearer:

"The deal is totally independent of Albion and an extension of Bloom's personal portfolio of investments.
There will be no link between the Seagulls and Union SG at playing or boardroom level."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/161...Belgian_club___but_with_no_links_to_Seagulls/

Loaning out one of your expensive summer signings with a view of earning the appropriate experience etc to return to BHAFC is a "playing link" in mine and anyone else's book.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure this story , with presumably TB or a source close to TB as its source, could be any clearer:

"The deal is totally independent of Albion and an extension of Bloom's personal portfolio of investments.
There will be no link between the Seagulls and Union SG at playing or boardroom level."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/161...Belgian_club___but_with_no_links_to_Seagulls/

Loaning out one of your expensive summer signings with a view of earning the appropriate experience etc to return to BHAFC is a "playing link" in mine and anyone else's book.
So you are saying that Union SG are the one club in football that Tony previously said he wouldn't loan a player to ?

I don't think an occasional loan is what he meant at all. More that there would be no general policy of loaning loads of players etc.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Can we take it no top level European club fancied him so we had to send him somewhere and RUSG are as good as anywhere and if his goals help get them promoted then it’s win win?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
It’s nonesense, he could have easily gone to a mid table Dutch/Belgian/French side and got proper experience. I was at a Belgian 2nd division game last weekend and it’s National League standard.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe nobody else wanted him, as has been suggested already? Seems a bit odd, but if their research began and ended with 'South African football, it's so crap that we shan't even bother thank you', that might explain it.
Bearing in mind what we paid for him though (I think I've seen £4M mentioned?) you'd have thought that might have been a heads up to some teams' scouts. Strange one; poker players do bluff though, don't they - or maybe Tony just changed his mind?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Assuming that's written by a South African-

And it is a good deal for Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, who gain a top talent who is playing at a level far above their own and will provide an excellent spur to get them into the Belgian top flight.

They have absolutely no idea if it's beneath his level- the South African league is absolutely Mickey Mouse- Conference at best.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It’s nonesense, he could have easily gone to a mid table Dutch/Belgian/French side and got proper experience. I was at a Belgian 2nd division game last weekend and it’s National League standard.
Could he though?
This is the problem- he is utterly unproven. Any loan would almost certainly include a clause to insure he played. Would you sign him if you were a mid-table Dutch/Belgian/French side over someone who knows that league, or someone who has excelled in another European league? AK for instance replaced Ali J with a Romanian international who played 20 times in Belgium's last season for Club Bruges.
Nobody is going to go 'oh he signed for Brighton he must be decent'.
To everybody else he is an absolute unknown quantity.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My favourite picture to remember him by.

tau.jpeg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The plan might have been to loan him out to a bigger Belgium club, but that clearly hasn't materialised. If he scores lots of goals for RUSG then interest will come and a bigger loan next year is quite possible.

Alternatively, SA might make up the FIFA pts - made up 6, just need another 24.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My point is where did BHA get the money to buy Tau, did they have that amount or was it in the form of a loan by TB, which means it was his money to do as he pleases. we must remember that TB is covering all our losses, if there are any.

Where have you been for the last 18 months?! We got promoted to the richest league in the world and made £108 million last year in TV money alone. Add in the 12m for ticket sales plus a further 15-20m in sponsorship, advertising and other commercial income, and I think we can cover the 3-4m transfer fee for Percy. And that’s before you even consider the 9-10m we’ve received from outgoing transfers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here