Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
DX7UFzPXkAA3rCs.jpg-large.jpeg

He's tiny. And for that, I like him already.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I wonder if the management at the club have considered the work permit. Seriously, come on. Im fairly sure the club wouldnt be going for it if there was no possibility.

That was something which featured in early reports but something I haven't seen recently so hopefully this is something they are completely on top of !

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wonder if the management at the club have considered the work permit. Seriously, come on. Im fairly sure the club wouldnt be going for it if there was no possibility.

There's plenty of players who are denied work permits to England for whom the club fight hard, several every season judging by a google search.

Arsenal wanted to sign Yaya Toure in 2003 but couldn't get a work permit - what a perfect replacement for Vieira he would have been.

Most of these rejections are younger players - Watford had one denied for a Venezuelan U-20 star last year - whereas Tau is his country's star player, so we have to hope the board will favourably consider that, and what the rules above don't state is what precedence has been set on other transfers

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Do we need to point Percy at the goal? Maybe get porcelain posts.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This reminds me of Henry Onyekuru, the Nigerian we were linked with in the past. Everton ended up signing him but couldn't get a work permit and sent him straight out on loan to Anderlecht.

I get the feeling this type of transfer has a large part in Tony Blooms decision to buy Union Saint Gilloise. There is almost zero chance of him getting a work permit now, so we need to park him somewhere until he meets the criteria needed.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This reminds me of Henry Onyekuru, the Nigerian we were linked with in the past. Everton ended up signing him but couldn't get a work permit and sent him straight out on loan to Anderlecht.

I get the feeling this type of transfer has a large part in Tony Blooms decision to buy Union Saint Gilloise. There is almost zero chance of him getting a work permit now, so we need to park him somewhere until he meets the criteria needed.

Interesting idea

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Interesting idea

Elneny and Salah both went to Basel from Egypt for a combined £3m. They then made the move to the premier league for a combined £26m.

The cost of running Union Saint Gilloise is probably £2m net loss a season, before player sales. So by using the club as a gateway to the Premier League, you only need to get one player coming through every 5 years for it to make good financial sense. It also gives Tony access to the South American market, where Barcelona and Real Madrid have been importing young stars for years. Something Englsh clubs have no chance of doing.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Worth signing, just for the fact we can bring back the Richie Towell song.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I hate to use the B word in this thread, but won't signing players who have European passports be more difficult next year, after March?
Even if he gets a Belgian passport....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hate to use the B word in this thread, but won't signing players who have European passports be more difficult next year, after March?
Even if he gets a Belgian passport....
I get the feeling the PL will wangle some special arrangements for the work permit process going forward. Barber may even know what has already been discussed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get the feeling the PL will wangle some special arrangements for the work permit process going forward. Barber may even know what has already been discussed.

Aren't we all going to move to Malta?

#KnowThyBrexit :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The PL along with UEFA with FIFA approval. It sounds expensive.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Elneny and Salah both went to Basel from Egypt for a combined £3m. They then made the move to the premier league for a combined £26m.

The cost of running Union Saint Gilloise is probably £2m net loss a season, before player sales. So by using the club as a gateway to the Premier League, you only need to get one player coming through every 5 years for it to make good financial sense. It also gives Tony access to the South American market, where Barcelona and Real Madrid have been importing young stars for years. Something Englsh clubs have no chance of doing.

Yep. A good plan. But to be fair Its been reported multiple times that there will be no football link between USG and the Albion. Its purely a business investment from Bloom and completely separate is whats been argued (presumably from the horse's mouth).

Nobody on NSC seems to quite believe that of course and its been questioned in several threads in the last few months.
As for Tau then surely the club with 100s of staff, lawyers and contacts doing a million and one things have someone who can ask, before getting too far down the track, whether a transfer will be viable or not in terms of visas, FA rules etc or likely to be.

"There will be no link between the clubs at playing or boardroom level"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/162...etes-takeover-of-belgian-club-saint-gilloise/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here