Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so the guy is footballer of the year in his own country , he is top league scorer and a full international but he can't get a work permit .. is it because he's coming from a non EU country...??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
so the guy is footballer of the year in his own country , he is top league scorer and a full international but he can't get a work permit .. is it because he's coming from a non EU country...??

One of those bizarre posts that eats itself.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The problem is his country are low in the FIFA rankings and their league is poor.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm just surprised you are a proponent of increased non EU immigration.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

its more an idealogical issue with me mate ....couldn't care less what part of the world you are from ......it's the way you behave that matters ...:thumbsup:

there are enough foreign footballers with questionable ability ...kemy was a stand out , surprised someone of Percy's obvious talent is denied a work permit tbh

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
thanks and S.Africa must be about 50 th i'd guess.......their plummeting domestic standard is as much to do with the political situation as anything else and bfana bfana are a laughing stock currently.

74th. Between Syria in 73rd and China in 75th. Below the likes of Cape Verde and El Salvador but a bit better than Curacao and Canada.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
thanks and S.Africa must be about 50 th i'd guess.......their plummeting domestic standard is as much to do with the political situation as anything else and bfana bfana are a laughing stock currently.

Lower than that, I think - if they were in the top 50 I believe a work permit would be possible (awaits correction by the experts).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It certainly used to be a bit of a sliding scale so very good (according to FIFA Ratings) sides a player might only need to play 30% of games to qualify, yet in a lesser team they have to have been in 70-80%+ and even then far from guarenteed a permit just helps support one.

They did tweak it about a year ago (again) though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I reckon it is a deliberate ploy for TB. He’s probably decided that PT will absolutely tear the Belgian 2nd Division to bits, and help get the club promoted. Once that’s achieved, he can send PT to a club that would aid his work permit chances.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought our beloved Tony previously said we would not exploit his ownership of both clubs!!??

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I reckon it is a deliberate ploy for TB. He’s probably decided that PT will absolutely tear the Belgian 2nd Division to bits, and help get the club promoted. Once that’s achieved, he can send PT to a club that would aid his work permit chances.

Which would essentially means Brighton's money is being used to buy players for a Belgian club. What should we think about that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here