Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Those that were called it as a derogatory lazy racist name harking back to slavery, took ownership of the word, made it theirs, thereby removing it from the racial stereotype.

the word nigga in african dialect means give ,give me food , give me water , give me a ****in break ya cant..........can you work the rest out...??

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very cheap for a gamble which could come off big. He's not a striker though and I'm sure won't be starting in August for us unless it's a friendly. I like the move a lot though.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/percy-tau/leistungsdaten/spieler/312239/plus/0?saison=ges

He has played 57 times as a striker so should be able to do a job there. However, I think he’ll be replacing Skalak in the squad and will be a good swap-out for Groß when we require top pace behind Murray. His assist column is impressive.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think broke nigga needs to get some perspective ......percy is about to make it into the big time and the exchange rate will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams .......i have watched a bit of football on numerous visits to S.A it's probably average SPL standard from what I've seen so this lad will need to be special to get anywhere in the PL.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Very cheap for a gamble which could come off big. He's not a striker though and I'm sure won't be starting in August for us unless it's a friendly. I like the move a lot though.
Looks like a striker to me on his show reels. More of a Wardy type, (old money number 8) than a big number 9. Left footed and likes a trick plus a great celebration. As you say, very cheap and worth a punt.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

This. It’s not a gamble at that level. Spunking the reported asking price of £20m for Ings would be a gamble.

We’re not looking for out and out strikers though. I’m sure our intended evolution revolves around a very flexible quick front three with a playmaker in behind so Tau fits the bill.

I envisage the ideal front three coming from a pool of:

Locadia
Andone
Murray
Izqueirdo
Knockaert
A.N.Other (could be Tau)

And by that I put Groß in the midfield quota of any three from:

Stephens
Proper
Groß
Kayal (could be A.N.Other)
A.N.Other
A.N.Other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hasn’t the deadline expired now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like there is a lot of internet mis-direction going on, and still there is the significant difficulty of a work permit.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This. It’s not a gamble at that level. Spunking the reported asking price of £20m for Ings would be a gamble.

We’re not looking for out and out strikers though. I’m sure our intended evolution revolves around a very flexible quick front three with a playmaker in behind so Tau fits the bill.

I envisage the ideal front three coming from a pool of:

Locadia
Andone
Murray
Izqueirdo
Knockaert
A.N.Other (could be Tau)

And by that I put Groß in the midfield quota of any three from:

Stephens
Proper
Groß
Kayal (could be A.N.Other)
A.N.Other
A.N.Other

Did I miss March leaving?

Solly is a HGP so I'd be very surprised if he was allowed to leave.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Did I miss March leaving?

Solly is a HGP so I'd be very surprised if he was allowed to leave.

No you didn’t miss him leaving but I would be incredibly surprised to see him as involved next season should Tau and a couple of others arrive.

If we’re serious about progression then March probably doesn’t feature without serious improvement or injuries to others.

Part of the 25 as a HGP yes part of a starting XI or match day XVIII? Not likely.

Expect him to angle for a January move away.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No you didn’t miss him leaving but I would be incredibly surprised to see him as involved next season should Tau and a couple of others arrive.

If we’re serious about progression then March probably doesn’t feature without serious improvement or injuries to others.

Part of the 25 as a HGP yes part of a starting XI or match day XVIII? Not likely.

Agree totally - March has moments of quality, but not enough. Needs a big step up or will not be in the team. I hope he breaks through next season, but fear he will not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You think it is certain that a £2m rated punt in Tau, would perform better, and sideline (£10-£12m valued) March?

Big call.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You think it is certain that a £2m rated punt in Tau, would perform better, and sideline (£10-£12m valued) March?

Big call.

At least Solly clearly won't be starting the season with expectations of 5-10 goals and a chance of an England call up. :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here