Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DumLum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Half cast is not an acceptable term anymore.
    However you may have
    a point. I heard the term Light Privilage for the first time last week.
    Half Cast has meant for many years that their parents were mixed,which is a fact,so cannot be not acceptable

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Gull View Post
      I realise people's views of the BBC will to some extent depend on their own views - but I find it incredible that anyone can seriously claim it is currently a left-wing organisation. Maybe it was once.

But the whole way they slant TV news these days is extremely generous to the government to the point of propaganda and very anti the opposition, and they utterly failed to expose the lies of the Brexit campaign.
      I voted Remain and find the BBC very biased towards my view point, loving any aggro in May's government or cracks amongst Brexiteers. Revelling in senior EU figures tough comments against Brexit.

We're conflating separate arguments here. Brexit is not a solely right wing thing. The hard left also despise the EU because its pro business, capitalism, and leads to a race to the bottom in wages across the EU due to freedom of labour movement. There are millions of Labour voters across the UK (away from the bubble of London, Hove & Brighton), who could never vote Tory, but voted for Brexit.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Wonder View Post
      Half Cast has meant for many years that their parents were mixed,which is a fact,so cannot be not acceptable
      I suspect this conversation may have gone a bit basil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

1 Not allowed!
      Any dictionary will now show this as something like ‘noun, offensive’. I wouldn’t use it any more than I would use my recently-departed grandmother’s ‘darkie’.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Gull View Post
      But the whole way they slant TV news these days is extremely generous to the government to the point of propaganda and very anti the opposition, and they utterly failed to expose the lies of the Brexit campaign.
      BBC pro-Brexit? What planet are you on. - see Kuenssberg; Laura. Snide anti-Brexit remarks every step of the way - she even had to be 'rested' for a while; nothing official, but she suddenly disappeared for a few (splendid) weeks.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      BBC pro-Brexit? What planet are you on. - see Kuenssberg; Laura. Snide anti-Brexit remarks every step of the way - she even had to be 'rested' for a while; nothing official, but she suddenly disappeared for a few (splendid) weeks.

Unfortunately the snide returned yesterday.

But my suspicion is that she would be the same to any incumbent government too. As soon as a Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott has problems (a run on the £, Labour infighting, etc), Kuenssberg's head would pop up, with bitching, said with zero charm.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Brilliant logic.

So you also feel that 'negro' is an acceptable term? And 'cripple'? and 'Spastic'?

Amazing
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Brilliant logic.

So you also feel that 'negro' is an acceptable term? And 'cripple'? and 'Spastic'?

Amazing
      When did 'negro' become the inappropriate 'N' word?

0 Not allowed!
      I recently read an article about how Valerie Lang pushed to have the Spastic society’s name changed because it had become a derogatory term. Over 20 years on, working in a lot of schools I often hear Scopey as a form of insult amongst the kids. To be honest some of the site maintenance and contractors arent much better. Spaz is just common place in the enviroments where I work.
      Wouldn’t have a chance of changing most of their vocabulary. There are some incredible racists in the building game and they are nearly always bricklayers. Carpenters and painters are smart though whilst plumbers are generally dumb......

I’m not one to generalise either or stereotype.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
      There are some incredible racists in the building game and they are nearly always bricklayers. Carpenters and painters are smart though whilst plumbers are generally dumb......

I’m not one to generalise either or stereotype.
      Me neither.

From my experience, over a similar timescale, I'm generally calling it as follows:

Carpenters / Joiners; decent chaps, but often thick as the two short planks they are cutting up.
      Sparks; Among the sharper folk on site, but never about. Forever nowhere to be found when you need a circuit powered up.
      Scaffolders; full of steroid fuelled anger, chavvy and regularly coked-up.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.