Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Collymore calls Ian Wright a 'Tom' after latest race issues interview

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because if you love football, you have to wait until 7pm (if you're lucky) for the BBC to talk about the sport.

5Live is good, but includes some unbalanced and depressing presenters such as Nihal Arthanayake who makes constant left wing jibes as if they are facts against anyone or any organisation that doesn't fit his narrow view of the world. 5live also makes a point on spending much of its time on cricket, tennis and women's football.

Talksport isn't bound by any of the above, giving a solid 11 minutes of football chat and 4 minutes of ads every cycle. It may crap, but it's alluring.

I can’t stand him either, he’s so ridiculously lefty liberal and ‘street’ that the impartial, cough, Beeb really ought to be ashamed. Nothing less than a propagandist. Plus what he choices to discuss is normally depressing, what with him in prime time afternoon and Stephen Nolan chugging up the late night slot with his brand of melancholy someone really ought to see if there’s any link to national suicide rates when they’re on air. Increasingly I’m listening to podcasts rather than the ill informed mawkish bigotry of certain BBC presenters and their personal political bias.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
id have a drink with wrighty any day of tbe week , hes also got bags of passion for england , collymore is a tosser.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
id have a drink with wrighty any day of tbe week , hes also got bags of passion for england , collymore is a tosser.

The same.

In truth, Wright seems a bit of an idiot - but not any nasty way, at all. There is absolutely no doubting his passion for the game (and specifically for the England team).

Collymore is an angry, sulky man with way, way too high an opinion of his own talents.

Your night out with Wright would be good fun, whereas Collymore would empty the pub or get your group into a fight.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The same.

In truth, Wright seems a bit of an idiot - but not any nasty way, at all. There is absolutely no doubting his passion for the game (and specifically for the England team).

Collymore is an angry, sulky man with way, way too high an opinion of his own talents.

Your night out with Wright would be good fun, whereas Collymore would empty the pub or get your group into a fight.

about covers it i think

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The same.

Agreed. Collymore really is a sanctimonious twa t.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yikes. You are clearly insufficiently snobby. Talkshite is just a load of Daz doorstep challenge to me. Why settle for that when on R5 you can wake up on a Saturday to....Danny Baker! :whistle::shrug::lolol:

80% of the time I listen to 5live. I love the shows of Nicky Campbell, Chiles, all things football, Baker, Goldberg, etc etc.

But when it's wall to wall Roland Garros, Wimbledon or a BBC presenter ramming his view of the world on us, I like the guaranteed football chat on Talksport of Hawksby & Jacobs, Rushden & Glendenning.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can’t stand him either, he’s so ridiculously lefty liberal and ‘street’ that the impartial, cough, Beeb really ought to be ashamed. Nothing less than a propagandist. Plus what he choices to discuss is normally depressing, what with him in prime time afternoon and Stephen Nolan chugging up the late night slot with his brand of melancholy someone really ought to see if there’s any link to national suicide rates when they’re on air. Increasingly I’m listening to podcasts rather than the ill informed mawkish bigotry of certain BBC presenters and their personal political bias.

I realise people's views of the BBC will to some extent depend on their own views - but I find it incredible that anyone can seriously claim it is currently a left-wing organisation. Maybe it was once.

But the whole way they slant TV news these days is extremely generous to the government to the point of propaganda and very anti the opposition, and they utterly failed to expose the lies of the Brexit campaign.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The same.

You'd have to walk a conversational tight rope with Collymore. He'd be the type that couldn't hold his demon drink, getting belligerent with his own mates in misinterpretations of innocuous things said.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I realise people's views of the BBC will to some extent depend on their own views - but I find it incredible that anyone can seriously claim it is currently a left-wing organisation. Maybe it was once.

But the whole way they slant TV news these days is extremely generous to the government to the point of propaganda and very anti the opposition, and they utterly failed to expose the lies of the Brexit campaign.

I voted Remain and find the BBC very biased towards my view point, loving any aggro in May's government or cracks amongst Brexiteers. Revelling in senior EU figures tough comments against Brexit.

We're conflating separate arguments here. Brexit is not a solely right wing thing. The hard left also despise the EU because its pro business, capitalism, and leads to a race to the bottom in wages across the EU due to freedom of labour movement. There are millions of Labour voters across the UK (away from the bubble of London, Hove & Brighton), who could never vote Tory, but voted for Brexit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BBC pro-Brexit? What planet are you on. - see Kuenssberg; Laura. Snide anti-Brexit remarks every step of the way - she even had to be 'rested' for a while; nothing official, but she suddenly disappeared for a few (splendid) weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
BBC pro-Brexit? What planet are you on. - see Kuenssberg; Laura. Snide anti-Brexit remarks every step of the way - she even had to be 'rested' for a while; nothing official, but she suddenly disappeared for a few (splendid) weeks.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately the snide returned yesterday.

But my suspicion is that she would be the same to any incumbent government too. As soon as a Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott has problems (a run on the £, Labour infighting, etc), Kuenssberg's head would pop up, with bitching, said with zero charm.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I recently read an article about how Valerie Lang pushed to have the Spastic society’s name changed because it had become a derogatory term. Over 20 years on, working in a lot of schools I often hear Scopey as a form of insult amongst the kids. To be honest some of the site maintenance and contractors arent much better. Spaz is just common place in the enviroments where I work.
Wouldn’t have a chance of changing most of their vocabulary. There are some incredible racists in the building game and they are nearly always bricklayers. Carpenters and painters are smart though whilst plumbers are generally dumb......

I’m not one to generalise either or stereotype.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There are some incredible racists in the building game and they are nearly always bricklayers. Carpenters and painters are smart though whilst plumbers are generally dumb......

I’m not one to generalise either or stereotype.

Me neither.

From my experience, over a similar timescale, I'm generally calling it as follows:

Carpenters / Joiners; decent chaps, but often thick as the two short planks they are cutting up.
Sparks; Among the sharper folk on site, but never about. Forever nowhere to be found when you need a circuit powered up.
Scaffolders; full of steroid fuelled anger, chavvy and regularly coked-up.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
When you consider the amount of decent, intelligent ex-players, it always amazes me SC is actually employed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Me neither.

From my experience, over a similar timescale, I'm generally calling it as follows:

Carpenters / Joiners; decent chaps, but often thick as the two short planks they are cutting up.
Sparks; Among the sharper folk on site, but never about. Forever nowhere to be found when you need a circuit powered up.
Scaffolders; full of steroid fuelled anger, chavvy and regularly coked-up.

As someone who started out in carpentry, I would totally agree with you on your jottings. Jolly japers we are but don’t ask us the capital of Belgium. As I do a lot of decorating now I would say we are so much more easy going. Tolerant types who float through life like old flower, powered hippies circa... Woodstock. Peace and love man, peace and love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here