Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

Sorry. Put In A Decent Shift At Cricket. Still Don't Get It

4 Not allowed!
    So. (as the smart kidz start every statement nowadays).

Went to Sussex v Aussies on Thursday.Put in a SIX hour shift til all me bets went down and Salt was out for 62. Game over.

Realise I'm a spoilt brat who lives just down the road, loads of far-flung fans would have been GAGGING to be there. My bad.

But even so...

Jeez it's a long and thankless day out! Where's the urgency? How can you miss multiple wickets while you queue for a pint? Why does the loud and lairy entitled Sussex Cricket cheap seat wanker think he's hard done by by being asked to leave the ground for loudly and lairily abusing the young kids having a fun day out whose only crime was/is to be Aussies having a fun day out? Why does everybody get encouraged to invade the pitch at half time only to be ordered to leave aforesaid pitch about five minutes later?

You can tell the longtime cricket wankers. They sit there doing the crossword and only look up when they've missed the hot wicket taken action and have been alerted by the increase in crowd noise.

Seriously, it appears to me to be a mild form of autism, akin to the strange men who take train numbers at the far end - away from all the people - end of Clapham Junction station.

What Gives?
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Excuse for a leisurely piss up imo

I played cricket at school and batting, bowling or wicket keeping was OK the rest of it was mind bogglingy boring, watching it is even worse
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Went to Sussex
      There's your mistake
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Excuse for a leisurely piss up imo
      Indeed. Tho that can be done easydoors anywhere at all without the £30 ticket, the beer queue and the uncomfy seat.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

1 Not allowed!

Went to Sussex v Aussies on Thursday.Put in a SIX hour shift til all me bets went down and Salt was out for 62. Game over.

Realise I'm a spoilt brat who lives just down the road, loads of far-flung fans would have been GAGGING to be there. My bad.

But even so...

Jeez it's a long and thankless day out! Where's the urgency? How can you miss multiple wickets while you queue for a pint? Why does the loud and lairy entitled Sussex Cricket cheap seat wanker think he's hard done by by being asked to leave the ground for loudly and lairily abusing the young kids having a fun day out whose only crime was/is to be Aussies having a fun day out? Why does everybody get encouraged to invade the pitch at half time only to be ordered to leave aforesaid pitch about five minutes later?

You can tell the longtime cricket wankers. They sit there doing the crossword and only look up when they've missed the hot wicket taken action and have been alerted by the increase in crowd noise.

Seriously, it appears to me to be a mild form of autism, akin to the strange men who take train numbers at the far end - away from all the people - end of Clapham Junction station.

What Gives?
      Try Baseball next.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!

But even so...

What Gives?
      Any game that takes five days to play and (used to, when I was first exposed to it) nearly always end in a draw is, by definition, a bad game.
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      Try Baseball next.
      Name:  brownie-rounders.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  192.5 KB

Nah, you're alright thanks

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      Any game that takes five days to play and (used to, when I was first exposed to it) nearly always end in a draw is, by definition, a bad game.
      Spot on....5 long days for no result!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed!
      Go once a year to Lords to watch a day of a test match with two mates. The cricket is a good backdrop to a day of catching up and having having a laugh. No queues of note at Lords, drinking starts by 11am. Lunch we shoot off to a great canal side restaurant for a leisurely lunch. At the end of the days game head to a pub for a few more before heading home. For me to right up there as a tradition.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

12 Not allowed!
      Heathens.