Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sorry. Put In A Decent Shift At Cricket. Still Don't Get It

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So. (as the smart kidz start every statement nowadays).

Went to Sussex v Aussies on Thursday.Put in a SIX hour shift til all me bets went down and Salt was out for 62. Game over.

Realise I'm a spoilt brat who lives just down the road, loads of far-flung fans would have been GAGGING to be there. My bad.

But even so...

Jeez it's a long and thankless day out! Where's the urgency? How can you miss multiple wickets while you queue for a pint? Why does the loud and lairy entitled Sussex Cricket cheap seat wanker think he's hard done by by being asked to leave the ground for loudly and lairily abusing the young kids having a fun day out whose only crime was/is to be Aussies having a fun day out? Why does everybody get encouraged to invade the pitch at half time only to be ordered to leave aforesaid pitch about five minutes later?

You can tell the longtime cricket wankers. They sit there doing the crossword and only look up when they've missed the hot wicket taken action and have been alerted by the increase in crowd noise.

Seriously, it appears to me to be a mild form of autism, akin to the strange men who take train numbers at the far end - away from all the people - end of Clapham Junction station.

What Gives?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excuse for a leisurely piss up imo :shrug:

I played cricket at school and batting, bowling or wicket keeping was OK the rest of it was mind bogglingy boring, watching it is even worse :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Went to Sussex v Aussies on Thursday.Put in a SIX hour shift til all me bets went down and Salt was out for 62. Game over.

Realise I'm a spoilt brat who lives just down the road, loads of far-flung fans would have been GAGGING to be there. My bad.

But even so...

Jeez it's a long and thankless day out! Where's the urgency? How can you miss multiple wickets while you queue for a pint? Why does the loud and lairy entitled Sussex Cricket cheap seat wanker think he's hard done by by being asked to leave the ground for loudly and lairily abusing the young kids having a fun day out whose only crime was/is to be Aussies having a fun day out? Why does everybody get encouraged to invade the pitch at half time only to be ordered to leave aforesaid pitch about five minutes later?

You can tell the longtime cricket wankers. They sit there doing the crossword and only look up when they've missed the hot wicket taken action and have been alerted by the increase in crowd noise.

Seriously, it appears to me to be a mild form of autism, akin to the strange men who take train numbers at the far end - away from all the people - end of Clapham Junction station.

What Gives?
Try Baseball next.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

But even so...

What Gives?

Any game that takes five days to play and (used to, when I was first exposed to it) nearly always end in a draw is, by definition, a bad game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Try Baseball next.

brownie-rounders.jpg

Nah, you're alright thanks

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Go once a year to Lords to watch a day of a test match with two mates. The cricket is a good backdrop to a day of catching up and having having a laugh. No queues of note at Lords, drinking starts by 11am. Lunch we shoot off to a great canal side restaurant for a leisurely lunch. At the end of the days game head to a pub for a few more before heading home. For me to right up there as a tradition.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

But even so...

What Gives?

Wasn't it just a friendly?
I don't think a non football fan would be that impressed with a friendly game of football.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My ex brother used to try and get me to watch that tripe all the time. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a shitty stick then endure cricket.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
My ex brother used to try and get me to watch that tripe all the time. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a shitty stick then endure cricket.

So you divorced him?

phoenix

May 18, 2009

But even so...

What Gives?

Well your'e the one who went there . Not me!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But even so...

What Gives?

I went once around 1970. Go told off by voice over the tannoy for sitting in front of advertising hoarding because 'the advertisers had complained'. I was eleven. It was ****ing shit and I have never watched a game since. Illingworth has just relieved himself at the pavillion end. Batsman's Holding bowler's Willey.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I used to play cricket regularly and watch Sussex as a kid.

Never really enjoyed the sport. Far too much standing around doing nothing. Watching is even worse. Only bowls has an older audience.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

But even so...

What Gives?

JCL, end. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's better than watching Basketball, A tall bloke runs along and drops a ball through a hoop then another tall bloke in a different colour vest does the same thing 10 seconds later at the other end....ad infinitum. Certainly gets the girls screaming for some reason.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here