Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Kenny Dalglish

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nice edit and whataboutism at it's finest.

Unlikely as yet (due to HMRC) and quit while I'm ahead.

are you really that desperate for a thumbs up that you'll try and stretch my point to make it look like a infest, giving you the illusionary position of speaking the moral high ground using crap, already answered questions?

what happened to the days of opinions and perspective?

anyways, great discussion. You've really helped me to understand why there's 15 footballers (soon to include Beckham) with deserved Knighthoods.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whats wrong with art? It goes back hundreds of thousands of years. It plays a huge part in our evolution. We have galleries and museums dedicated to it. Comparing it to football is just ridiculous. I think you should go back to your sky sports news, we're clearly on different pages.

ha, ha, ha

NOTHING AT ALL !!!

Let's review

1) You posted that Kenny Dalgish didn't deserve his Knighthood, ignorant of the fact he raised millions of pounds for cancer charities and supported the Hillsborough families AND THAT'S WHY HE WAS GIVEN IT,
2) You are critical of Knighthoods being given to footballers, ignorant of the fact that THERE ARE VERY FEW.
3) I used the example of the Arts to draw a comparison.
4) I'm now (apparently) critical of awards to the Arts.

Give up or continue digging

:)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
are you really that desperate for a thumbs up that you'll try and stretch my point as much as you can to make it look like a binfest giving you the illusionary position of speaking the moral high ground using crap alredy answered question?

what happened to the days of opinions and perspective?

:lolol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
ha, ha, ha

NOTHING AT ALL !!!

Let's review

1) You posted that Kenny Dalgish didn't deserve his Knighthood, ignorant of the fact he raised millions of pounds for cancer charities and supported the Hillsborough families AND THAT'S WHY HE WAS GIVEN IT,
2) You are critical of Knighthoods being given to footballers, ignorant of the fact that THERE ARE VERY FEW.
3) I used the example of the Arts to draw a comparison.
4) I'm now (apparently) critical of awards to the Arts.

Give up or continue digging

:)

Okay you win. Your point of view is correct, mine wrong.

night night :wave:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Fair enough. I'm not too aware of what Kenny does away from football but from what you've said he sounds like a good bloke. My point wasn't just targeting KD, all of these football knighthoods. They're all living the dream, being very pampered and treated like super humans.
I love football but these football knighthoods just show how distracted and brainwashed we're getting by football. What happened to 'it's just a game'? The way it's going, In the next 60 years I bet we'll have an ex England captain running for PM. I can see it now, we'll have religions where the likes of George Best and Stanley Matthews are believed to be missionaries sent down to show us the spirituality within playing football. The Pope will be selected through the European golden boot winner. Sky sports news will be the main news followed at the end with a quick round up of all the days non-sporting news.

If you don’t know what he’s done to deserve a knighthood, then don’t post criticising it. You also refer to pampering and super Humans? - a majority on the list didn’t get their awards for playing, and most never made much money playing the game. I am not going to bother scouring wiki for the number of Arty people who have had such rewards, but if you take, film, theatre, ballet and painting I think you’ll find plenty.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
15 or so in the best part of 100 years doesn’t seem like a lot to me. Amazed anyone doesn’t know what he’s done in the years since Hillsborough. The citation for Sir Kenny :

Dalglish’s impact transcends the football pitch, as the citation for the knighthood recognises.

“He was Liverpool manager at the time of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989,” it reads. “He selflessly made himself available to the families of the bereaved, attending most of the funerals, organising hospital visits and attending annual memorial services held at Anfield. He has been a steadfast supporter of the families in their quest for and throughout the Hillsborough Inquiry, and was granted Freedom of the City of Liverpool in recognition of his work. He is the co-founder of The Marina Dalglish Appeal, his family’s cancer charity which opened the £1.5m Centre for Oncology at University Hospital, Aintree in 2007 and which has raised over £10m in total.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here