Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Kenny Dalglish

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Announced in Queens birthday honours. Well deserved in my opinion.

Played in my first ever Albion game too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well deserved. From what I can see many other well deserved awards this year too.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Probably most deserved knighthood in football. He was my boyhood hero. After watching film Kenny, I didn’t realise how much he did for the families after Hillsborough. A true football great and a great person

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Probably most deserved knighthood in football. He was my boyhood hero. After watching film Kenny, I didn’t realise how much he did for the families after Hillsborough. A true football great and a great person

Fantastic player. Golden era of football.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He has responded. Still with the translators at present.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well deserved, one of the humblest and genuine men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
deserved, though why not 20 years ago? :shrug:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Guess it's an achievement. But this entire monachy thing is laughable. Get with the times.

I don't really think it's an achievement. Sure, he was a class footballer.

There's no difference between him and anyone posting on this thread, as a person.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

There's no difference between him and anyone posting on this thread, as a person.

Except that through no personal obligation, he attended literally dozens of funerals of the victims of Hillsborough. People he never knew. And it was a process that by several accounts, changed and overwhelmed him forever.

So yeah, there IS a difference.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Whatever. Many more deserving people who aren't in the public eye.

I’d suggest educating yourselves why 99% of fans and humans will be pleased for him. He took the mourning of an entire city on his shoulders while it was on its knees, and somehow managed a football team at the same time.
Football wise there’s never been more deserved Sir.

theboybilly

I’d suggest educating yourselves why 99% of fans and humans will be pleased for him. He took the mourning of an entire city on his shoulders while it was on its knees, and somehow managed a football team at the same time.

Well said. Some of the comments on Twitter beggar belief.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

And I'm glad he did. But there are people who do great things in their everyday lives who don't get the recognition of Kenny Dalglish. If Dalglish had done the same thing without being a famous footballer, you'd probably never have heard about it. In the same way, I'm sure there are people who did as much or more for Hillsborough families as Kenny Dalglish but who won't get a knighthood. I'd rather see awards given to people like the heroes who dedicate their lives in hospices who often don't even get given a decent wage. But instead, the awards most often get given to people already in the limelight who are have been lavishly rewarded. Actors and sportspeople get far too big a share of these gongs, it's obscene.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here