Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scariest Films

Members
    Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am watching that tomorrow night, for the first time in probably 25 years! Mrs KK has never seen it, so I hope it’s as good as my memory tells me it is...
    Don’t take her to Venice in the winter!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kid Frankie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Signs was a great film when that came out. Was expecting a standard UFO flick but turned out to be one that really made me think to myself afterwards. Few very well done scary moments.

The first Paranormal Activity was genius. Not everyone's cuppa tea but I loved it.

The Others with Nicole Kidman was done brilliantly. Tremendous twist.

I find it hard to find films that manage to scare me - but I always love it if they do. I can't stand it when they go overboard with the CGI or reveal the baddie too soon. Less is more for me. You don't need blood and guts and computer generated ghosts flying around the gaff. A decent score, good acting and an overall sense of dread is all that's required.
      Well said.

0 Not allowed!
      This is a brilliant thread for me: it’ll give me a list of films to never watch - I bloody hate scary films, and avoid them at every opportunity. That said, I loved Alien and Jaws. No, I have no clue either.
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      Don't Look Now is atmospheric, slightly quirky with some magnificent tension.
      A great film already, it is further is enhanced by some nudey prod scenes featuring Julie Christie.

Similar to the previously mentioned Funny Games, another dark film ruined by the Hollywood remake was The Vanishing aka Spoorloos

0 Not allowed!
      As a teenage boy embarking on the lifelong journey towards trying to understand women, Roman Polanski's "Repulsion" set me back a few years and scared the living shits out of me.
      برايتون حتى أموت
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There's actually only a couple of films which made me pretty restless. Not hugely scary to most, but a bit freaky/watched them at the wrong age

The Shining
      Arachnophobia (I swear that should have been a pg or 12 whatever it was). I dont mind spiders either, must be a horror for people that do
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No such thing as a scary film in my opinion.
      I don't do the blood and gore type film, not entertaining to me or the Mrs. I prefer psychological films, but I've yet to find one that really got under my skin.

Nightmare on elm Street was amazing in its day but don't watch it now, it's so comical that it ruined my childhood memories of it.
      I love silent hill, but I'm a fan of the games.
      Ringu (Japanese version of the ring) and ringu 0 are excellent, as is Ju-on (Japanese version of the grudge)
      Event horizon was good, not sure how it holds up now.
      Someone said It follows. Hands down one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's the benchmark for shit movies in my house.
      ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I have been enjoying the Conjouring series. Especially the second one. Re-ingnited my love for the horror genre.

Watched Annabelle Creation the other day and enjoyed it.

Not sure i was scared as such but was enjoying the tension.
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.

1 Not allowed!
      ^ Tend to agree with Gabafella, all of the films mentioned above have their fair share of poor Amazon reviews (always worth looking at if you want to find a reason not to watch something imho).

The Conjuring, based on a true American house haunting is probably as good as it's got in recent years imho. Woman in Black and Paranormal Activity, both mentioned above, have some great moments in them, as does Salem's Lot.

Edit - BadFish just posted about The Conjuring while I was typing!

1 Not allowed!

Low budget but still scary.
      I love a good scary movie, not the blood and guts type, the thinking ones are much better.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.