Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Scariest Films

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The original Paranormal Activity is the only film that's ever truly scared me.

As a child Arthur C Clarke's World Of Strange Powers terrified me to the point of sleeplessness.

Neil Jordan's The Company of Wolves got to me too, not massively scary but so atmospheric, it gets you on another level. Still puts me on edge/delights me to this day. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Shining
Event Horizon

Excellent films. Remember going to see Event Horizon just being told it was a sci fi film and it blew my mind. The most scared I've ever been was after watching American Werewolf in London as an 11 year old and totally shatting my pants all night after.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
^ Tend to agree with Gabafella

I had to run this past Mrs gabba as something seemed a bit odd about this comment, and she confirmed that in fact nobody ever agrees with me. In fact, she's a little angry that her years of convincing me may have been undermined by your reckless comment.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
American Werewolf in London scared me when I was a kid, Event Horizon put me on edge too.

Me too. If anyone is interested, it's on Film 4 tonight at 11.20.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Watched the Fog, which for those that don’t know is about undead pirates who invade a small coastal town using thick fog as cover. At midnight I was on duty on the upper gun deck of HMS Victory just as a mother of all fogs descended on Portsmouth dockyard. My imagination went bat shit!!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Woman in Black hasn't been mentioned. Surprised that was a 12a film as well. Salem's Lot seemed quite creepy for me as a kid.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As a kid, The Fly and Poltergeist kept me up at night.

More modern films; The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity (1), The Village of the Damned were all pretty good.
I haven't seen a film and been truly scared as an adult though, disturbed yes, scared, not really.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Decent 1 and 2
Hellraiser 1 and 2
Aliens movies 1 and 2
30 days of night
Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2.
Terrifyer
The Audition

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just watched it follows and thought it was really good. Very odd and very disconcerting.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just watched the trailer.... looks like it could be good, let us know what you think!

For me as a kid I’d plump for Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween... The Shining scared the shit out of me too. Struggle to watch them nowadays, I’m so jumpy in my older age it’s ridiculous. Too worried about picking up my drink in case of a scary bit and I end up wearing my glass of wine as I jump out of my skin! :eek:

Good old fashioned horror film IMHO with a knock out performance from Toni Collette - and quite disturbing in places watching a normal family unravelling, scared the shit out of my girlfriend a couple of times. I did feel the ending let it down a bit, just felt a bit tagged on and undid some of the tension that had been built up before. I'd still recommend it.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Shared a room with my older brother. Watched candyman, exorsist and IT at age 10.

IT was the scariest for me and gave me a reccuring nightmare for over a year. Haven't watched it since, nor have i watched the new one.

I was also forced to say candyman 3 times in the bathroom mirror in the pitch black, god he was a prick!

Best of friends now though.

As an aside. It's odd how nightmares change with age. They used to be filled with monsters.

Now on the rare occasion I get a nightmare it all ways involves my kids and wife

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Shared a room with my older brother. Watched candyman, exorsist and IT at age 10.

IT was the scariest for me and gave me a reccuring nightmare for over a year. Haven't watched it since, nor have i watched the new one.

I was also forced to say candyman 3 times in the bathroom mirror in the pitch black, god he was a prick!

Best of friends now though.

As an aside. It's odd how nightmares change with age. They used to be filled with monsters.

Now on the rare occasion I get a nightmare it all ways involves my kids and wife

If it’s any consolation I had two recurring ones as a kid and only one was filled with monsters. The other one I died in though so that wasn’t so fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here