Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Films

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by exKT17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eraserhead - very unsettling
    Most Lynch films I have watched have either confused me or unsettled me to some degree.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
      I found Hereditary very disappointing. I'd expected it to be really good, but it was formulaic and dull.

Recent scary films that I would recommend - Hush is great, The Invitation is quite chilling.

A Cabin in the Woods was a darkly amusing take on the genre.
      Oh yeah. Good one. I think I even said something along the lines of “it wasn’t as good as the invitation” to my girlfriend on the way home from the cinema today. We both thought it (Hereditary) was ok but not up to the hype. Worth a watch though. I liked that it was quite slow and the soundtrack that sounds like someone is having a rave a few streets away and that you can hear it in the background while watching the film. Took me a while to work out that was actually in the film. That was creepy.

Also thought the cast was good.

1 Not allowed!
      PIN
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      The old series of Nightmare on Elm Street was disturbing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cassidy's tie up View Post
      The Wickerman and Village of the damned I found quite scary at the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I think The Wickerman is up there as one of the worst films ever made. It gets a 1/10 simply because we get to see Britt Eklunds tits - in the original.
      And Bill - surprised at you.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidRyder View Post
      The Human Centipede - Not scary as such, but disturbing. I saw it once and can't bring myself to watch it again.

]
      I got bored with him lacing all his boots up.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Up the ante. I saw Threads when I was about 9 years old. At the time there was a serious chance of the cold war escalating to...... well, what happened in Threads.

It was on TV and my mum said that I could watch it because it was important that I understood the reality of what was happening in the world and the possible consequences. She had no idea how horrific it was actually going to be.

It scared the living f##k out of me. But on the positive side, I've never really been scared by a film since.
      Scared the bjesus out of me too, particularly as Walkley was obliterated in the first couple of seconds after detonation!
      There was a magical purple in the chrome of the exhaust of his Triumph motorbike

0 Not allowed!
      I found The Truman Show really disturbing, the thought that a company could control every aspect of an individual's existence for the sake of television ratings still freaks me out.
      There was a magical purple in the chrome of the exhaust of his Triumph motorbike

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GloryDays View Post
      It Follows
      I found this to be one of my favorite scary films, there is something about the way it delivers it's scary moments which is really intense.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GloryDays View Post
      Oh yeah. Good one. I think I even said something along the lines of “it wasn’t as good as the invitation” to my girlfriend on the way home from the cinema today. We both thought it (Hereditary) was ok but not up to the hype. Worth a watch though. I liked that it was quite slow and the soundtrack that sounds like someone is having a rave a few streets away and that you can hear it in the background while watching the film. Took me a while to work out that was actually in the film. That was creepy.

Also thought the cast was good.
      I thought it was good up until the last 30 minutes but I didn't get the ending at all. There were some memorable moments and one scene early on that totally took me by surprise but overall it wasn't helped by all the hype. Still glad I saw it though.