Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Top 22 British clubs for crowd numbers at a game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh no, sorry, I assumed you meant QPR. I haven't seen the Scottish list.

Right, seen it.

So top of the list was Rangers Celtic, and second on the list was Queens Park Rangers :)

That’s it, when QPR were a Scottish club. Christ that was hard work :lolol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Charlton ... I've got a little bit of time for Charlton.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
But only when both sides are monkeys.

Are the 22 monkeys occupying a standard size tennis court?
Are there restrictions on monkey species here? I can see 11 a side Capuchins working while 22 Howlers could be a dull attritional game and even louder than a women's match.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Cheers. Clicked through the pictures with no problems at all - no fuss, no waiting. Interesting, but no real surprises for me - it's amazing how many people you could cram into a stadium back in the day - and actually, considering the many millions who watched football in that way, the safety record was pretty impressive. Yes, there were occasional disasters (Ibrox, Burnden Park et al), and every death was a tragedy, but the numbers killed was a drop in the ocean compared to the attendances.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
78,000 in Goodison Park :eek:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I can't see anything other than Celtic at number 1. I don't listen to Talkshite (after one brief dabble it was....nah....as you were . . . .a bit like cricket, homosexuality, and trying to have a conversation with Looney, as far as I'm concerned). . Boy, if the station is a shit as its website I really have dodged a bullet....

edit - no, all I can find is toolstation. Possibly apt.....

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Charlton ... I've got a little bit of time for Charlton.

Still haven't seen the list but Charlton was the first club that sprang to my mind. When I was a kid it was regularly mentioned that they had (or had had) the biggest capacity...

edit - with important insights like that, I just had a sudden realization that I'm slowly (or quickly) turning into another BG :shootself:lolol:

So is anyone going to post the list or must I risk clicking on something on that website that takes me to ladyboys in custard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here