Winter Break from 2019

0 Not allowed!
    Not quite sure how it is going to work, or when exactly in the season it will be.

Will the season be extended by a week, or is playing an FA Cup round mid week supposed to free up a replacement weekend?

Staggering the break weekend presumably ensures no TV money is lost, but also therefore means no Saturday 3pm matches those weekends.

No doubt Man U will fit in a match in China anyway.

Perennial question, is this to benefit the Clubs, the players or, most unlikely, the fans?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ringmerseagulltoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not quite sure how it is going to work, or when exactly in the season it will be.
      It will be in Winter.
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

1 Not allowed!
      And we'll see just how much of a "break" these precious players need, or indeed, get. Or will this just be a window in the season that clubs will use as a marketing exercise. Claim it is "warm weather training" but actually the players come back seized up, and jet-lagged from flying halfway round the World to train and play a couple of friendlies in front of the latest market the money men at the clubs want to break into, or expand.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

0 Not allowed!
      The season won't be extended they will attempt to reduce the number of clubs in The Premier League.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And we'll see just how much of a "break" these precious players need, or indeed, get. Or will this just be a window in the season that clubs will use as a marketing exercise. Claim it is "warm weather training" but actually the players come back seized up, and jet-lagged from flying halfway round the World to train and play a couple of friendlies in front of the latest market the money men at the clubs want to break into, or expand.
      And get up to things like stealing a taxi ....
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      My take on this is over a 4-5 week period the clubs will take staggered breaks, so one weekend a few clubs will not play for a couple of matches then some other clubs do the same etc, etc. I suppose the clubs that started the first weekend will have to play each other when they start playing again otherwise it won't be fair on the clubs still playing. I think this is how I read it.