Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

4 Not allowed!
    Good luck to all on this thread. Depression is a very poorly understood illness. People I know with depression find that exercise is one of the best "pick me ups". They say it's hard to motivate themselves to do, but they are always happy they got up and did it and they feel better for it.
    "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love threads like this which may seem, in the circumstances, a strange thing to say. But threads like this remind me that we're all just people. When you take out political divides, age gaps and whether or not you thought Ashley Barnes was shit we're all just people.

I've been suffering through anxiety recently. I think it had always been there in one shape or another but last couple of years have had some experiences which brought it to the fore.

For me personally talking about it has been an immeasurable help. I see a guy every Saturday morning, talk about how I'm feeling and do my best to get through the rest of the week.

And it's been said on here already but this place is truly a great place if you need someone to talk to. I don't think anyone, certainly not on this thread, would ignore a PM.
      Spot on. A realisation that you are not alone, unusual or unlucky, that many others have been there and or still are, can be a comfort in itself. In addition to getting professional help.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Definitely not a cliche.
      But I know this song was written with intent, with reference to the lyrics
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      do a beer anytime you like buddy if needed, bit of Albion chat etc always welcome
      Cheers Marshy,

Seeing as you know me and what I am like you can probably guess that actually admitting to myself, and more importantly my family etc was quite a big thing. But it was absolutely the best thing I've done in years.

Finally getting help has been like a weight being lifted off me, a long way to go though.

As for a beer, well you pretty much know where I'll be at most times and I would welcome it.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Parsons View Post
      I meant to say I my earlier post DO NOT RESORT TO ALCOHOL as as answer to your problems. Beer will give a temporary lift but in the morning you'll be ever deeper in your gloom.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      I echo that. Alcohol is a depressant and will magnify your symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by piersa View Post
      Good luck to all on this thread. Depression is a very poorly understood illness. People I know with depression find that exercise is one of the best "pick me ups". They say it's hard to motivate themselves to do, but they are always happy they got up and did it and they feel better for it.
      Exercise is good for stress, as it releases endorphins which help the chemical imbalance which can occur and lead to depression.

Talking about it, to your family and especially your GP, is good. Look for help.

Unfortunately, @Mr Banana isn't trolling, but I urge you to ask for help too. Yes, there are people who will be all willing to help & drop off after a few months, but there will be others who hang on in there, who do help.

I've had a couple of bouts of depression, one back in the 90s when my ex walked out, after destroying my self confidence,not make himself feel better about his affair.

Recently, my health has deteriorated, just when I was looking forward to retirement and all the things I was going to do with my time. I feel robbed and cheated, but after having counselling, and anti depressants (which I've now finished) I see I still have much to offer my friends & family. My illness restricts me, but won't kill me, but it doesn't stop me being on the end of a telephone or sharing silly memes on Facebook.
      I have joined the British Sjogrens Syndrome Association, and recently had 14 people in my house for a meeting, which was great fun, even though my lovely husband had to do most of the cleaning before & after. I have volunteered to take part in a new drugs trial, although I might be the one in seven who has to take a placebo.

Look for help and you will find it. Don't hide away as you've nothing to be ashamed of.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by desprateseagull View Post
      Serious post.

I've spent most of today in bed. Not being lazy, Just could not face getting up, and/or going to work.

Usually it's just a drag, but I used to be able to snap out of it. This feels different. I've been like this for a few days now. It sucks.

I thought it might have been caused by (unrelated) health issue, but think that may have just been the tipping point.

Work has always been busy, but in the past few months, I have felt out of my depth- like a robot, unappreciated, clinging on, isolated by various changes.

Has anyone gone through this? How did it occur? What help did you get?

BTW, I am safe- No harmful thoughts. I have seen my doctor, and may well do again.
      The circumstances you describe sound very similar to what I went through some years ago. I had to be dragged to the GP by my wife as I wouldn't or couldn't admit to myself there was anything wrong. I believe I was fortunate at the time to have a doctor who had an understanding of mental health issues.

He described my situation as continually trying to put 20amps through a 13 amp fuse. Until you change something , your fuse will keep blowing.

It was a very long road back for me and I have had to change my life completely but know that you CAN beat this and have taken the right steps in talking to your GP.

Feel free to pm me if you feel it would help.
      Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single rail replacement bus service.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
      Cheers Marshy,

Seeing as you know me and what I am like you can probably guess that actually admitting to myself, and more importantly my family etc was quite a big thing. But it was absolutely the best thing I've done in years.

Finally getting help has been like a weight being lifted off me, a long way to go though.

As for a beer, well you pretty much know where I'll be at most times and I would welcome it.
      Do an England game sounds like a plan ? I assume you will be there for those ?
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      Do an England game sounds like a plan ? I assume you will be there for those ?
      Oh yes.

Look forward to it.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Parsons View Post
      I meant to say I my earlier post DO NOT RESORT TO ALCOHOL as as answer to your problems. Beer will give a temporary lift but in the morning you'll be ever deeper in your gloom.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      this

1 Not allowed!
      A great big "this" to nearly everything on this thread. I wish you all well. Although it is trite to say "...their is always someone worse off than yourself" I do feel for all on here and hope you somehow find a position of stability.
      By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!