Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Costa Rica (on ITV from Elland Road)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not watched England in years.....watching this rubbish....some points:

We got no centre midfield.......defence and attack ok - premier league standard.

We go no fluidity - don't look like a team.

Why is he playing debutants in the final game before a WC? He's had years to get a team together.

If we get to 2nd round it will be good.

Bottom line - poor.
England haven't looked like a unit for nearly 30 years.
It's incredible that our style of football is still so outdated and we still are a bunch of individuals basically.
It's clear that the national side has declined since the premier league started and the future looks bleak !!!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Danny Rose has been very poor tonight. Barely got a cross in and had little impact from an attacking point of view which he should have against such opposition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's an AWFUL lack of quality in that squad. Will doubtless scrape through the traditional soft initial round courtesy of the odd Harry Kane 89th minute goal in an uninspiring 1-0 win, but will fall horribly short first time they meet a decent side.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The more I've watched this the more I think Wembley can do one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's incredible that our style of football is still so outdated and we still are a bunch of individuals basically.
It's clear that the national side has declined since the premier league started and the future looks bleak !!!

The PL was probably the cause.

Exaggerating about the length of time. In 1996 and 1998 we had complete teams who competed well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lets be honest though, there's not a single player there tonight that we wouldn't have in the BHA team. It's just that as a team they're rubbish. It takes 4 or 5 games to get going by which time England are on their way home and the manager has been sacked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lets be honest though, there's not a single player there tonight that we wouldn't have in the BHA team. It's just that as a team they're rubbish. It takes 4 or 5 games to get going by which time England are on their way home and the manager has been sacked.

They may be better than Brighton players, but in the main they're inferior to the likes of Gazza, Lineker, Butcher, A.Cole, Beardsley, Hoddle, Bryan Robson. There's been an overall decline. FA and Southgate doing their best to correct that.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Talk about seeing what you want to see. This lot look more of a team than I've seen for a while. Back in 2000, I remember watching Keegans England get beat by Germany. We were woeful and didn't string more than 3 passes together in a row in the 2nd half. I know that because I counted it. A similar team a year later under new management won 5-1 away from home but the improvement wasn't noticed until then. I sense the same here, everyone remembers Iceland.

We've been shit since 2006 and conditioned to failure - and we have no idea how this lot will perform in tournament football - but the signs in the friendlys since Holland have been superb. I'm not saying we will win it but we should be odds on to make the last 8. Bring it on.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

We were hardly dominating international football pre premier league though were we!? As for the future looking 'bleak', considering how well our youth teams have done lately the future certainly shouldn't be bleak, do wonder whether the lack of first team game time those lads are given in the prem will mean some don't reach their potential though..

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Talk about seeing what you want to see. This lot look more of a team than I've seen for a while. Back in 2000, I remember watching Keegans England get beat by Germany. We were woeful and didn't string more than 3 passes together in a row in the 2nd half. I know that because I counted it. A similar team a year later under new management won 5-1 away from home but the improvement wasn't noticed until then. I sense the same here, everyone remembers Iceland.

We've been shit since 2006 and conditioned to failure - and we have no idea how this lot will perform in tournament football - but the signs in the friendlys since Holland have been superb. I'm not saying we will win it but we should be odds on to make the last 8. Bring it on.

xaxaxaxax last 8

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017

drugs.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Some are so conditioned to being negative about England that they refuse to see anything positive. Ive really liked the way Southgate has handled the manager role so far. Seems to be bringing the best out of these youngsters and has developed a style that suits the talent at our disposal best. We've showed lately that we really aren't too bad a team. I agree not too much depth compared to others, but i think this squad is capable of doing ok in the tournament playing this way. We'll see...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here