Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Button for £4m? [Now: signed]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe Button would be a competant back up to Ryan but I am not so sure about the price as it seems excessive to me and I would have thought that there would have been an older experienced keeper available to be no 2 who would be cheaper.

I was thinking along the lines of similar to John Ruddy who left Norwich for Wolves and they are said to be looking for a new keper as No 1 and have Ikeme also as back up.
What about bringing back PIG as NO 2 if Walfon is sent out on loan?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sanchez off on loan to Forest Green Rovers for the season.

We have a recall clause for January.

Does that mean we have an incoming keeper ? ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I'm sure we will, but not because of this. Sanchez would have been u23 only this season so this is a great move for him. We'll have plus 2 others for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Sanchez out on loan, and Ryan perhaps missing the training camp in Switzerland due to post World Cup time off, we only have Walton as a training camp goalie.

Best get signing soon, otherwise Casper will be buying new gloves.

( I suppose Maenpaa is still under contract even though he is off, but the camp may not be in his diary as things stand ).

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think it must mean another incoming - as things were before this news I had Sanchez down as our no.3 keeper. Good luck to him at FGR though - hope he likes the diet!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Great move for Sanchez! Hopefully McGill or the Polish lad can step up a level now too.

Piotr Zalewski hasn't even played a game for the U-18s yet - give him a chance!

As it stands, McGill and Billy Collings will be the goalies for the U-23s this coming season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had in my head Collings had moved on somewhere a couple weeks ago? Maybe not.

Leaves McGill to possibly step up to Under 23s and Zalewski to step up and play for the Under 18s. Had a feeling McGill was very highly rated and borderline England Age Group level similar to Walton?

Goalkeeper seemed to have joined CB as a bit of a conveyor belt of talent for us.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Had in my head Collings had moved on somewhere a couple weeks ago? Maybe not.

Leaves McGill to possibly step up to Under 23s and Zalewski to step up and play for the Under 18s. Had a feeling McGill was very highly rated and borderline England Age Group level similar to Walton?

Goalkeeper seemed to have joined CB as a bit of a conveyor belt of talent for us.
I think you might be thinking of Bailey Vos, we sold him to Colchester a few of weeks ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus says this is possible in tonight's late article.

I'm sure the £4 million is nonsense, but could this be our next singing ? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Argus says this is possible in tonight's late article.

I'm sure the £4 million is nonsense, but could this be our next singing ? ???

Yeh, £4M is a bit of nonsense - and they want our reserve keeper for free! (although that's our fault for giving Krul a one year deal, not two). Do they still want Norwood? - some sort of part exchange at least might be worked out, shirley?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Yeh, £4M is a bit of nonsense - and they want our reserve keeper for free! (although that's our fault for giving Krul a one year deal, not two). Do they still want Norwood? - some sort of part exchange at least might be worked out, shirley?

Does Norwood count as home grown? If he does we might be better of keeping him in the squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agree with BV. The only "make weight," in the squad is the 3rd goalkeeper who is there for an absolutely calamitous emergency. Everyone else has to be capable of slotting in to the match day squad immediately. Button as a swop with Norwood makes sense to me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, he is HGP.

However we need better in the squad.

Agree with BV. The only "make weight," in the squad is the 3rd goalkeeper who is there for an absolutely calamitous emergency. Everyone else has to be capable of slotting in to the match day squad immediately. Button as a swop with Norwood makes sense to me.

Exactly - a non-playing HGP as 3rd. goalkeeper is one thing, but another non-playing member of the squad, just to include an HGP, is just ridiculous. If the only requirement is to include an HGP, I'd gladly do it for a small retainer - 25 quid a week, maybe? - to supplement my pension and save the club thousands!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan could be away for up to 7-8 games if Australia get the squad together in late December.

Surely enough for Walton ? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here