Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will you be supporting at the World Cup?

Who will you be supporting at the World Cup?

• England

Votes: 138 77.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

• France

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Belgium

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Colombia

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Portugal

• Nigeria

• Australia

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 7.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's very different. If an Albion fan supported RM over Liverpool in the CL final I could understand it.

Supporting for one match is ok but being French or English and supporting Barca and buying their replica kit is glory hunting plain and simple

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Multiple choice would be nice. Obviously England by a long way, but soft spots for a number of others, as long as they're not playing against us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just looking forward to seeing it. I generally support the underdog. So it's England for me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Supporting for one match is ok but being French or English and supporting Barca and buying their replica kit is glory hunting plain and simple

How about they just like the kit, when I was a kid I had loads of kits from across Europe, I Had Rangers, Lazio, Ajax, Real Madrid, Dortmond and a Portugal International kit. It was pretty hard to get kits then, I imagine its even easier these days, just because you have a kit doesnt mean you are a fan.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
How about they just like the kit, when I was a kid I had loads of kits from across Europe, I Had Rangers, Lazio, Ajax, Real Madrid, Dortmond and a Portugal International kit. It was pretty hard to get kits then, I imagine its even easier these days, just because you have a kit doesnt mean you are a fan.

Yeah in fairness, I had an Aston Villa goalkeeper shirt, France 2000 Zidane shirt and Barcelona centenary shirt amongst others. Regardless, I have never been anything but a Brighton and Hove Albion man.

You can be a passionate fan of a club and still enjoy/love the wider game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of course I will be supporting England, just be grateful you aren’t sitting next to me if we play like we have in the last few tournaments though, I WILL be a moaning swearing **** if so.

Will anyone tell the difference from any other game? ???:)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
England. And f uck everyone else. What is wrong with some of you people...?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You’d be surprised, I think there are a lot particularly amongst the youth who are English but follow other national teams, mostly Brazil I think.

Snowflakes.

Oh, and England and convicts, should last around two weeks.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Belgium as my punt , and with the heart England, the plucky almost men that scrape through the group then lose to a team in the next round who with 1 shot on goal win a incredibly frustrating game with sterling clean through on 3 occasions but failing to pass to anybody or indeed shoot on target , the media bemoaning the fact our CB's are to predictable with little in the way of passing ability or creative thinking going forward , our Harry fails to find the net due to not being quite fit in the first place and the only player to stand out at all will be Rashford with 3 goals , i'm sorry for the vagueness of my answer btw .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here