• Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's only made two good films, one okay film and bits of IB are quite good.
To be fair you'd be better off trying to find the orignal films that he cuts and pastes scenes from for his own films.

Cuts and pastes is a bit unfair. Of course he steals bits and pieces from films he loves, and freely admits to doing so. It's not as if other artists haven't borrowed from their predecessors. Where would hip hop be without the samples of old records? Led Zeppelin stole loads but did they not add value?

By the way, are the two good films Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs? And the OK Jackie Brown?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Four rooms was also good. It was four short stories by four different directors set in a hotel with Tim Roth as the bellboy.
Robert Rodriguez was one of the other directors, his story starred Antonio Banderas whom he worked with for the desperado trilogy which also had Tarantino in and involved with the screenplay, i think.

I can’t remember the other two directors of four rooms, but it’s worth a watch for Tarantino fans.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Tarantino’s soundtracks are also always tip-top.
I think resivoir dogs and pulp fiction only had source music, meaning the soundtrack was a part of the film, by radio or whatever, rather than just thoughtlessly stuck over the top like most other films.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Pulp Fiction.

Yes there is violence but the film is about the everyday working lives of LA Gangsters and violence is their Modus Operandi.

My favourite part is Winston Wolf solving the Dead ****** Storage problem. Disgusting and Hilarious in equal parts.

So, pretty please with sugar on top... Clean up the f*cking car

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
As an impressionable teenager I went to see Resevoir Dogs one Saturday afternoon at the Odeon. I had never seen anything like it before and it completely blew me away. It turned me onto cinema and is why I usually quote it as my favourite film if asked.

Pulp Fiction is a better film though.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Django, pulp fiction. Kill bill(s) then reservoir for me.

He also did that vampire one with George Clooney and Juliet Moore which I also enjoy but isn't in the poll..

Never seen grindhouse or deathproof so can't comment.

I was really pissed when I watched inglorious ******** and can only remember the baseball bat scene.

Tried hateful 8 a few times but again I've been pissed after a home game and fallen unconscious.

I love Dusk til Dawn.. That is my favourite. I watched it not knowing anything about it, the sudden twist from one genre of film to another was masterful.
Pulp fiction, Inglorious Basterds and reservoir dogs are all up there too for me..
He is in my eyes one of the best directors of all time!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Quentin Tarantino's best film ?

Just seen Django Unchained. What a brilliant film

The bloke is top top drawer

For me in the top 5 best directors of all time no doubt

Which is his best ?

You need to add Dusk til Dawn! The swap in genres partway through the film was genius!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pulp Fiction.

Inglorious in last place. Some great parts in it, but the Jew hunter wasn't stupid enough to put himself in the position he did. And Hitler dying - WTF?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pulp Fiction is an absolute masterpiece, although I do believe Jackie Brown is criminally underrated. Personally I'm also a big fan of Django Unchained.

Both Kill Bill films and Inglorious are the opposite - good films, especially to lovers of Tarantino, but none of them come close to hitting the heights of my two choices, IMO.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
All dreadful. Violence just for the sake of it and trying far too hard to be cool.

I’ve probably watched Pulp Fiction 4 or 5 times to try and like it, got worse with every watch.

Maybe you're the one trying far too hard to be cool! If you didn't like it then fine, move on, horses for courses. I can maybe understand going back in a few years to re-evaluate, but "4 or 5" times and still not liking it? Blimey, it's not a short film. Move on. Seems like a massive waste of time to me.

You're completely wrong, by the way, it's one of the greatest and most influential films of all time!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't think I've seen any of those films.

Do I win a prize?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Inglorious for me. I think the opening 25 minutes is the best film I’ve ever heard.

Agree with you about the opening scene of IB, the inexorably building tension is an absolute cinematic masterpiece worthy of a stand-alone Best Scene Oscar, should such a thing exist. Tho there's some real dud stuff in there also, like the 'Italians' scene. Overall, highly watchable, tho IMHO not anywhere near the same ballpark as Pulp Fiction.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't think I've seen any of those films.

Do I win a prize?

Always love it when this kind of post comes up. Like the poster pretends to have been living some form of cloistered life in a cave somewhere and has no knowledge of any form of pop culture. What are these 'Simpsons' of which you speak? :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here