• Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I often wonder when someone has an opinion like this, whether they think they are wrong, or whether they think that everyone else is wrong, because it's impossible that both are true.

I love cinema and I understand that there are many that find violence in any film distasteful, but at the same time I can't understand how despite the violence, there are people who still can't see the genius in a film like Pulp Fiction.

Imagine him getting hold of a Star Wars film!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Django, pulp fiction. Kill bill(s) then reservoir for me.

He also did that vampire one with George Clooney and Juliet Moore which I also enjoy but isn't in the poll..

Never seen grindhouse or deathproof so can't comment.

I was really pissed when I watched inglorious ******** and can only remember the baseball bat scene.

Tried hateful 8 a few times but again I've been pissed after a home game and fallen unconscious.

From Dusk till Dawn.

Harvey Keitel steals that one for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I often wonder when someone has an opinion like this, whether they think they are wrong, or whether they think that everyone else is wrong, because it's impossible that both are true.

I love cinema and I understand that there are many that find violence in any film distasteful, but at the same time I can't understand how despite the violence, there are people who still can't see the genius in a film like Pulp Fiction.

I would add that Pulp Fiction is not unnecessarily or gratuitously violent. It’s used honestly as part of the story and surreal atmosphere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside Death Proof is the same as Grindhouse; it’s the second part of the double-bill.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Another for Pulp Fiction, with 2nd place between Django & Jackie Brown.

Inglorious goes off the boil for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate violent films but love Tarantino. So that contributes to making him a genius.

Remember the Private eye cartoon?....I will look it up and post it...

Edit: can't find it. It has Tintin shootin Snowy between the eyes, saying 'die, mother****er' with the caption below saying 'TintinTarantino' :lolol:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All dreadful. Violence just for the sake of it and trying far too hard to be cool.

I’ve probably watched Pulp Fiction 4 or 5 times to try and like it, got worse with every watch.
Only watched a couple but you are right, it's all an excuse for violence. Sometimes quite grim violence at that. Somehow Django Unchained is the least worst of what I have seen.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I opted for Jackie Brown, but i probably should have gone for Reservoir Dogs, which blew me away in my late teens. It felt so violently fresh and stylish. Since then, or Jackie Brown at least, his films seem to get worse each time. Impressive moments here and there, but charmless, and increasingly infantile.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As an aside Death Proof is the same as Grindhouse; it’s the second part of the double-bill.

Indeed, 'Grindhouse ' is 'Death Proof' and 'Planet Terror ' (which was written and directed by Robert Rodriguez)

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’ve come to ‘Tarantino’ late but went to see ‘Hateful 8’ as my first in the cinema and loved it so much I’ve since seen ‘Inglorious’ and ‘Django’ and have ‘Pulp Fiction’and Kill Bill recorded ready to watch.
I loved all three I’ve seen so far and would put Hateful 8 as my fave.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Honestly can’t vote for a favourite. Pulp fiction, Reservoir dogs, Django and Inglorious are all neck and neck. Scarily good catalogue of films.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant director and very hard to choose a best.

Certainly for place and time Pulp Fiction absolutely hit the spot with me at the time. I think i went to the cinema to see it at least 5 times. Seems a little dated when i watch it now but that is probably because it was so time and place.

Pretty much my favourite film of all time is True Romance which he didn't direct but did write.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reservoir Dogs and Pulp fiction are far and away my favourites.

Next up comes Jackie Brown, Kill Bill vol 1 and Hateful Eight.

Then Inglorious Basterds and Django unchained.

Last Kill Bill vol 2.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's only made two good films, one okay film and bits of IB are quite good.
To be fair you'd be better off trying to find the orignal films that he cuts and pastes scenes from for his own films.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
he is doing the next but one star trek, looking forward to that! The next one apparently reverses the last 3 and resets to the original timeline

Interesting. I understood that his movie was a standalone project, set in the Star Trek universe but not part of the current series of films. Although this is still rumour and no one is confirming anything just yet.

Something more certain is his next project, 'Once upon a time in Hollywood'. set in 1969 it has the Manson Family murders as a backdrop. Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, Miichael Madsen and Burt Reynolds are all to star in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here