Votes: 99 61.5%
  • Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Pulp Fiction was a good film, parts were brilliant (mostly the parts with John Travolta and Harvey Keitel) and parts were, IMHO, pretty dull (Bruce Willis' mostly).
Kill Bill 1&2 (when taken as "Compare and Contrast Eastern vs Western movie styles") are good, but again, not great.
Reservoir Dogs, again good but nothing particularly special.

The rest... tried to watch a couple but find them dull, erratic or just not very good.

TBH I'm not sure why everyone raves so much about him. In my opinion its a very mixed bag with no film that is actually good in all aspects.

Perhaps I just don't understand his mind-set?!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think RD is his best by a long way, Pulp Fiction I like because it is quite entertaining the first couple of times and it reminds me of the 90's, my favourite decade. I though Jackie Brown was good. Tarantino has had moments of genius but too few to make him one of the greats in my opinion. He's just had too many duds. Kill Bill? Snoozefest. Django Unchained? Derivavtive claptrap. Hateful 8? Forgetable. Death Proof etc? Long, boring, crass.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
From Dusk Till Dawn was the equally geniuns Robert Rodriguez. Tarantino acted in that as well as Rogriquez's Desperado. Both films make the very best use of Salma Hayek - with the Python Dance in FDTD and her getting a candlelit grafting from Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

As far as Tarantino flicks go Reservoir Dogs takes the prize. Followed immediately by Pulp Fiction. In my book he is very much a 'less is more' Director, as the less of a budget he has the better he makes the script and story.

For the records I thought both Kill Bill films were shite.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I often wonder when someone has an opinion like this, whether they think they are wrong, or whether they think that everyone else is wrong, because it's impossible that both are true.

I love cinema and I understand that there are many that find violence in any film distasteful, but at the same time I can't understand how despite the violence, there are people who still can't see the genius in a film like Pulp Fiction.

Opinion is the key word here. It’s my opinion, not fact. I don’t think I’m wrong nor do I think anyone else is wrong, I just don’t get Tarantino films.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Load of bollocks films
One trick pony director.
Saw better story telling watching Pipkins.

Subjective opinion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is very conclusive. Thanks for taking part

Tarantino's best film - Pulp Fiction
Spielberg's best film - Hook

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time.

The tension in several long scenes is unbearable, great work from QT, with the vengeful violence from the US Jewish insurgents lucid.

I hated the SS character Hans Landa so much, a great performance by Christoph Waltz.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time.

The tension in several long scenes is unbearable, great work from QT, with the vengeful violence from the US Jewish insurgents lucid.

I hated the SS character Hans Landa so much, a great performance by Christoph Waltz.

The apple strewdle scene. How he sits and eats it grinds my gears every time. Great film.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That, plus the incredibly long opening in the rural cottage, also a Paris bar scene with a nosey Gestapo t@sser.

The tension!

Just awful isn’t it. Love the scene in the bar and how they give it away by signalling 3. One of those films where the second watch will never match the first.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just awful isn’t it. Love the scene in the bar and how they give it away by signalling 3. One of those films where the second watch will never match the first.

Difficult to portray a unique/ugly loon such as Hitler, but great casting by QT with Martin Wuttke. People who glorify Hitler now would I guess hate seeing this complete oddball and little man.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Inglorious Basterds in my opinion.
Saw this which lead me to this thread.
28EB4DF6-88B3-4968-B5E8-8619A06132F2.jpeg

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The first 2 films, Dogs + Pulp = classics. Plot, script, casting brilliant. Everything else since = meh, some complete stinkers expecially the awful Kill Bill rubbish....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here