Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Gross does a very good impression of Chris Eubank!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Gross does a very good impression of Chris Eubank!
      You mean he has a speech impediment. It doesn't affect his football, thankfully.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      You mean he has a speech impediment. It doesn't affect his football, thankfully.
      Try and make it sound worse than it is, Its just a lisp.

He can Cryuff turn me anyday.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      Try and make it sound worse than it is, Its just a lisp.

He can Cryuff turn me anyday.
      A lisp is a speech impediment. I know, as I lisp too.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      You're the one comparing Germans with other internationals though, it's not me. I specifically said that's irrelevant.
      A German international is not necessarily the same as an Egyptian or a Scottish or a Latvian, it's a meaningless comparison: Gross is German and can only be stacked against Germans.

Here are the over-age Germans in the Top 6 teams

Can - full international
      Sane - full international
      Gundogan - full international
      Ozil - full international
      Mustafi - full international
      Ruediger - full international

All are full internationals, so that's the calibre of Germans that these teams are buying. There's no measure for comparing internationals of different countries but you can generally say that if there are two players from one country then the international will be better than the non-capped player. It doesn't matter whether we're talking about Germany, Egypt, Sweden or wherever ... the rule of the thumb is that the international would be the better player. It seems obvious to me, I'm not quite sure why you disagree with this
      This is the most baffling argument I've ever heard!

Right - I'll say this slowly and clearly - what bearing does someone's place of birth have on their ability as a footballer? (Hint: The answer is none).

The fact he is from Germany - a country with many, many, many good footballers - does not therefore mean he isn't good enough for a Top 6 side, as proven by my long list of examples of players from smaller countries who play for Top 6 sides - i.e. countries he would get in the teams of, thereby being "good" enough for Top 6 by your unusual logic. Your linking of nationality to ability is really odd. If anything, the fact he is from such a strong nation as Germany shows that you absolutely should not judge his ability on whether he is an international or not, in fact the exact opposite!

Also, I'm sure you understand the chicken-and-egg argument of; how many of those players were full internationals before they joined a top side? Probably very few. If Gross went to a top 6 side and performed well, he would be in serious contention.

Oh, also, you left out Loris Karius, for some strange reason.
      Last edited by Mellotron; 07-06-2018 at 14:38.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This is the most baffling argument I've ever heard!

Right - I'll say this slowly and clearly - what bearing does someone's place of birth have on their ability as a footballer? (Hint: The answer is none).

The fact he is from Germany - a country with many, many, many good footballers - does not therefore mean he isn't good enough for a Top 6 side, as proven by my long list of examples of players from smaller countries who play for Top 6 sides. Your linking of nationality to ability is really odd. If anything, the fact he is from such a strong nation as Germany shows that you absolutely should not judge his ability on whether he is an international or not, in fact the exact opposite!
      Agreed.

As a pointer to ability, NOT being capped becomes logically less informative, the stronger the nation involved.

i.e. a 25 year old footballer from Malta, never capped by his country, you could logically deduce, isn't that good.

A 25 year old footballer from Scotland, never capped by his country, you could logically deduce, has not reached a certain standard (certainly not Premier League standard).

A 25 year-old from Germany or Brazil, never capped, all you could logically deduce for sure, is that they are not utterly exceptional.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.