Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Salad Cream

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heinz changing the name of Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream to pacify disgruntled young customers who do not use it in salads. Supposedly it is only used 15% of the time on salads.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if they believe people only use a condiments as directed by their name, they'd risk losing 15% of their sales. or, maybe press release to drum up some stories for free publicity?

cynical, moi?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Heinz changing the name of Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream to pacify disgruntled young customers who do not use it in salads. Supposedly it is only used 15% of the time on salads.

It's 'considering' changing the name, which, to me, scream publicity stunt. Announce intention to do something; wait for the outrage and extra revenue from people buying more/stocking up; announce that 'feedback' has indicated that it should keep the same name.

It's a stupid idea, I mean, who puts that brown sauce over the Houses of Parliament anymore? :dunce:

Or the other one of the same colour over Worcestershire?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I guessing its just a marketing thing, drum up fake fury and fist shaking when no one really gives a flying...... Its a spin on the walkers crisps voting for your favourite flavours and the ones they will drop.
The advertising agency must be 'creaming' themselves that it hit the news.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just had salad cream with my.....

err Salad I had for lunch

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Essential with a Scotch Egg

s_egg3.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sandwich cream sounds a bit rude.

Anyone not using mayonnaise needs to give their head a wobble.

Sandwich Spread, on the other hand, was a staple of my childhood, and I always thought it brought me luck....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think you either have a Salad Cream household or a Mayonnaise household. I never had mayonnaise growing up, only salad cream, whereas my wife only ever had mayonnaise and never salad cream. I've therefore extrapolated our two upbringings and applied that to the entire population which I think is reasonable. For my kids however, the world is a much richer place because their household now has both...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can't recall a single time in my life I have seen someone putting salad cream on an actual salad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Salad cream with salad, and scotch eggs as correctly mentioned. Also with ham and tomato sandwiches.

Mayonnaise with chips, and with cold chicken sandwiches / rolls. Its really quite simple.

Salad cream / mayo isn't an either/or. They can happily co-exist.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here