Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tim Krul - Barcelona, AC Milan or Brighton

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Seems like he could be on his way out...

From Spain: Brighton player ‘one option’ for Barcelona this summer

Barcelona have the services of Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Jasper Cillessen as the two recognised senior goalkeepers in their squad. The Dutch international has been the deputy to Ter Stegen since he arrived at the Camp Nou from Ajax in 2016.

Lack of playing time at the Catalan club has seen Cillessen linked with moves to Liverpool and Arsenal. The stopper is aware of the rumoured interest from the Premier League clubs, but stressed that he will continue with his current employers, if Barcelona urges him to stay.

Cillessen has also left the door slightly open for a move away from the La Liga winners this summer, and this has forced Barcelona to compile a list of candidates to replace the Dutchman, if he decides to end his adventure in Spain.

Mundo Deportivo claim Barcelona will be prepared to replace Cillessen, if there is a need. As of now, no goalkeeper targets have been approached. This will be considered if the 29-year-old asks for a transfer.

The report claims Tim Krul is “one option” to become Cillessen’s successor at Barcelona. The former Newcastle United stopper is currently at Brighton & Hove Albion and is a free agent this summer. AC Milan are also said to be interested in signing Krul upon his Brighton exit.

Another option would be Wolverhampton Wanderers target Rui Patricio, who recently terminated his contract at Sporting. Everton goalkeeper Joel Robles and new Crystal Palace signing Vicente Guaita are also considered as options to replace Cillessen, if he leaves Barcelona.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spain-brighton-player-one-option-barcelona-summer/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good agent he's got. :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Seems like he could be on his way out...

Well other clubs have noticed he's a free agent. Yes thats true. So have Albion who, most reports indicate, are actively getting him to sign a contract. So he could just as well be on his way back in.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Surprised Palace aren't in for him. They need another quality keeper and he'll probably end up being there No1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surprised Palace aren't in for him. They need another quality keeper and he'll probably end up being there No1

Palace have bought a new keeper - from Getafe. He's mentioned in the OP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well other clubs have noticed he's a free agent. Yes thats true. So have Albion who, most reports indicate, are actively getting him to sign a contract. So he could just as well be on his way back in.

You have to admit, though, that Barcelona could be just a tiny bit tempting, if the OP is accurate.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You have to admit, though, that Barcelona could be just a tiny bit tempting, if the OP is accurate.

Don't shoot the messenger! I just noticed it pop up on a few dutch outlets this morning.

I think that both AC Milan (maybe not if they are truly in financial trouble) and Barca can offer a second choice keeper a lot more than we could.
Also think that it is great, as [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] said,
he could just as well be on his way back in.
which if the reports are true, we can compete with the big boys in pulling power.

Hopefully after Tim we can entice Griezmann away from the draw of Barca...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Would it be that surprising if Barca signed Krul? He is better than Cillessen (and not just in penalty shoot outs.) When was the last time Barca had a genuinely top class keeper anyway? It's as much a blind spot for them as it has been for Liverpool in recent years.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Their bid is probably in an envelope somewhere with their financial results, if only they could find them...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't shoot the messenger! I just noticed it pop up on a few dutch outlets this morning...
Not shooting the messenger at all!

If Krul does go to Barca though, I hope Maenpaa signs up as our no.2 pretty sharpish (before PSG or RM come in for him!) - I'd like the GK situation sorted out so that Walton can have another season on loan (Wigan in the Championship would seem ideal, and I get the feeling Wigan would bite our hand off for that to happen). I'm sure Sanchez could be our number three - he's unlikely to do more than sit on the bench at most anyway, and in the unlikely event of all our keepers getting injured we could always recall Walton in January.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here