Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Calling dog and cat owners and lovers

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
done and forwarded to many others. Thanks [MENTION=19921]Doc Lynam[/MENTION] we'll push for custodial penalties too, a good 5-10 years in solitary confinement me thinks to make these low life's think about the horrendous misery they cause. Not before time.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Done.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Totally understand the emotions involved (I have a cat and I'm well aware of how we all feel about our pets), but I'm not sure how this would work in practice. Too many grey areas with regard to ownership of pets, especially non-pedigree ones (at least with those, the owners generally have proof of ownership). I also can't see the Government wanting to create more legislation when the offence is covered by the existing law, even if you don't agree with sentencing.

Perhaps it's sentencing guidelines that need reviewing, rather than the law itself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally understand the emotions involved (I have a cat and I'm well aware of how we all feel about our pets), but I'm not sure how this would work in practice. Too many grey areas with regard to ownership of pets, especially non-pedigree ones (at least with those, the owners generally have proof of ownership). I also can't see the Government wanting to create more legislation when the offence is covered by the existing law, even if you don't agree with sentencing.

Perhaps it's sentencing guidelines that need reviewing, rather than the law itself.

Nope, if you steal a pet from a house, vehicle, outside a shop etc then that's black and white and should be punished severely. If the law's 'grey' then clearly those who are guardians of aren't doing their jobs properly and need to step up or ship out and, a bit like Popular Politics, let people who want to make positive change do their jobs more effectively.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Nope, if you steal a pet from a house, vehicle, outside a shop etc then that's black and white and should be punished severely. If the law's 'grey' then clearly those who are guardians of aren't doing their jobs properly and need to step up or ship out and, a bit like Popular Politics, let people who want to make positive change do their jobs more effectively.

With respect, I don't think you've really understood the point I was making. Nobody's disputing that if a pet is taken, it's black and white. And if the law is "grey", then that's entirely down to the legislators, not the police, so your point re stepping up or shipping out is invalid in this context.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Signed. Hope it achieves something.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
With respect, I don't think you've really understood the point I was making. Nobody's disputing that if a pet is taken, it's black and white. And if the law is "grey", then that's entirely down to the legislators, not the police, so your point re stepping up or shipping out is invalid in this context.

I’m very much and only talking about the legislators here. Got nothing to do with the Old Bill, Rozzers, Fuzz, the Pigs etc (see other thread for latest Poll results). They execute the law...talking of which, is the death penalty for stealing someone’s dog a tad harsh? Or is it ok to torture first too? :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And there was me thinking the UK was a civilised country.
I had no idea that this sort of thing went on.
PS Done.

Civilised my ar*e. Culling badgers , fox hunting still going on , badger baiting, dog baiting, hare hunting, cubbing ( collecting fox cubs and feeding them live to a pack of young dogs to get them 'blooded' just some of the sports enjoyed by people and backed by the government.

P.s. petition signed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here