Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who watches Springwatch .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm currently working on getting my local badger to come around a little earlier. He was waiting at the door for a handful of dry dog food by 10 o'clock last night.

Chopped apple and peanuts tonight. I'm a veritable Egon Ronay of badger food.

Omg, that is just so cool. Sadly I’ve only ever seen 2 live badgers and only for a couple of seconds. Amazing creatures, give em a chopped apple for me!! :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Omg, that is just so cool. Sadly I’ve only ever seen 2 live badgers and only for a couple of seconds. Amazing creatures, give em a chopped apple for me!! :)

I got stood up last night. Went to bed at 11.30 and it still hadn't showed. Maybe I'm not the culinary genius I thought I was ?

Food had all gone this morning, but maybe the local foxes are developing a taste for apples and peanuts ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unpleasant post, about someone with Aspergers, who’s made the most of him self sharing his passion for nature. A harmless individual.

Well said. There was a great programme on recently where he was talking about his health problems. His knowledge about nature is phenomenal.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wouldn't be the program it is without him

Chris Packham truly is a remarkable and unique individual.

I remember watching and learning from him on the Really Wild Show on children's BBC when I was just a kid (and that is a long time ago now!), and here I am now, all these years later - still watching him on TV but now with my kids, who love his enthusiasm and how accessible he makes his subject, without being sentimental or simplistic. He has lost none of his passion nor his natural curiosity and inquisitiveness and has a real gift for communicating - especially on live, outside broadcast TV. He really does span the generations without ever seeming to have got any older. How has he done that? A true broadcasting and natural history great. My kids don't believe it when I tell them I used to watch him on telly when I was not much older than them.

Whenever I see these 'lifetime achievement' awards handed out at the BAFTAs, I always wonder why CP hasn't been given one yet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Autumn Watch has just started on BBC2.

Looking forward to hearing Chris slip a few barely disguised innuendos into his live links that would see most other presenters ending their broadcasting careers on the shopping channel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here