Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how many offers they'll get for Grealish though.

Talented lad, but seems very easily distracted off the pitch. I could see some clubs being put off by his reputation, or at least unwilling to pay the sort of fee his ability probably merits in the current market.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I don't think they're quite at that point yet, are they? ???

Fine old club, Villa, but I confess it did leave something of a bitter taste seeing just how pleased many of them were with their late equaliser against us a year or so ago. They expected to smash the Championship, and it clearly annoyed them immensely that they got nowhere near that aim, let alone a club of our stature beating them to it by many, many points.

Looks quite serious, wonder if Dr Xia is not quite as rich as he portrayed himself as ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks quite serious, wonder if Dr Xia is not quite as rich as he portrayed himself as ???

He must be he passed the fit and prope....

...No sorry I just can't finish that sentence.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I wonder how many offers they'll get for Grealish though.

Talented lad, but seems very easily distracted off the pitch. I could see some clubs being put off by his reputation, or at least unwilling to pay the sort of fee his ability probably merits in the current market.

Sounds like a perfect target for a similar basket case - perfect for West Ham and their geezers..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like a perfect target for a similar basket case - perfect for West Ham and their geezers..

Good call! Pay him handsomely, send him to London, and watch his career go to rats in another season of glorious West Ham failure amidst endless protests against the Dildo Brothers. It all seems almost pre-destined, in fact.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good call! Pay him handsomely, send him to London, and watch his career go to rats in another season of glorious West Ham failure amidst endless protests against the Dildo Brothers. It all seems almost pre-destined, in fact.

Yeah, what happened to those protests??

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Villa are screwed...Bruce on way out, Owner wants to sell up and fans still deluded they’re a big club. Plenty more tears to come, take advantage of Pringles 2 for 1 World Cup offers in short.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't mind Villa. Proper club, decent fans, long history, belong in the premier league. In Snodgrass, Hourihane, Lansbury, Grealish, Admoah they have one hell of a midfield, but Kodija and Hogan were disappointing upfront and Bruce's tinkering was frustrating for their fans and probably cost them an automatic spot, he didn't manage them well last year. Players will always want to sign for Villa because of who they are, they'll get up sooner than later

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't mind Villa. Proper club, decent fans, long history, belong in the premier league.

All of that applies to Sunderland too ... and look where they are.

History means nothing: it's how well the club is run, and I'm not convinced that Villa is particularly well run.

If history counted for anything Brighton would still be in League 1

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All of that applies to Sunderland too ... and look where they are.

History means nothing: it's how well the club is run, and I'm not convinced that Villa is particularly well run.

If history counted for anything Brighton would still be in League 1

Of course. League position is a true reflection of where a team is at a moment in time. But I don't get the vitriol towards Villa at all, just seems to be sneering laughter at a big club fallen on hard times

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Of course. League position is a true reflection of where a team is at a moment in time. But I don't get the vitriol towards Villa at all, just seems to be sneering laughter at a big club fallen on hard times

I never really minded Villa until our last visit there. Some of their supporters took great delight in us not winning the title so I’m glad they will be spending years in the wilderness along with Leeds, Massive, Middlesbrough, Derby etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it all the Villa fans would now be desperate for 15th in the Premier League and an American owner pumping £70,000 a day into the club.

Oh...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In a football context, no.

Outside of football, I daresay somebody like Wayne Bridge probably doesn't have him on the Christmas card list.

I daresay Wayne Bridge is married to one of the hottest women in this country. Every day is Christmas to him, so he probably doesn’t even care that John Terry exists. We men are fickle beasts after all.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't mind Villa. Proper club, decent fans, long history, belong in the premier league. In Snodgrass, Hourihane, Lansbury, Grealish, Admoah they have one hell of a midfield, but Kodija and Hogan were disappointing upfront and Bruce's tinkering was frustrating for their fans and probably cost them an automatic spot, he didn't manage them well last year. Players will always want to sign for Villa because of who they are, they'll get up sooner than later

Even withstanding Terry and Bruce, I hate Villa. They believe they have a God given right to be at the top table, a horrible area to visit, arrogant fans, terrible atmosphere, a stadium with no feeling to it... honestly I don’t know what’s to like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here