Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why are you bum sucking Villa? As for a big club pretty sure they only sold out for a couple of games last season.

Two of my best friends are Villa fans. We spend our saturday mornings whilst our kids play football chatting all things Brighton, all things Villa, and all things football in general, so, yeah. I know all kinds of clubs are lambasted on NSC but when it comes to be a club that you have a soft-spot for, you realise how small-minded and arrogant some of our fans can be. Lots of billy big-bollocks going on now we've reached the big time. No problem wanting them relegated or struggling in the championship, but glorifying in their financial troubles is so distasteful, especially coming from us

One of the things I like about football in England is that wherever in the country you go you can find fans from a huge range of clubs, big and small, and engage in conversation about their club, how they're doing, history and players and so on. I don't feel the need to slag every one off, I just don't, and part of the fun in Brighton being where we are is that we get to meet clubs like Villa as equals - and right now, be performing even better than them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A Championship club paying these weekly wages. To benchmark, Brighton with PL income and PL players, pay £40,000/£45,000 tops.

IMG_2653.PNG

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Two of my best friends are Villa fans. We spend our saturday mornings whilst our kids play football chatting all things Brighton, all things Villa, and all things football in general, so, yeah. I know all kinds of clubs are lambasted on NSC but when it comes to be a club that you have a soft-spot for, you realise how small-minded and arrogant some of our fans can be. Lots of billy big-bollocks going on now we've reached the big time. No problem wanting them relegated or struggling in the championship, but glorifying in their financial troubles is so distasteful, especially coming from us

One of the things I like about football in England is that wherever in the country you go you can find fans from a huge range of clubs, big and small, and engage in conversation about their club, how they're doing, history and players and so on. I don't feel the need to slag every one off, I just don't, and part of the fun in Brighton being where we are is that we get to meet clubs like Villa as equals - and right now, be performing even better than them.

You’ll make an exception for CPFC though, yeah?

What a lovely story.

Anyway, back in the real world, fūck them.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I recently discovered that the landlord of my favourite pub in Cornwall, who sometimes plays for my cricket team, is a Palace fan. I haven't worked out how to digest this information yet

I recommend that when it’s your turn to bring the Tea, you slip him the Cucumber Sandwich with Wasabi.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love seeing teams that laughed at us struggle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Chinese owner can't get his money out of China due to a government crackdown. According to talksport
Sounds like a convenient excuse - better the cash stays in China than disappears into the black hole ? ???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Villa are screwed...Bruce on way out, Owner wants to sell up and fans still deluded they’re a big club. Plenty more tears to come, take advantage of Pringles 2 for 1 World Cup offers in short.
Bruce leaving isn't a bad thing as he's to defensive as a manager and didn't utilise the squad as well as he should've.

They'll flop in the playoffs max next season as the pressure will build big time :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here