perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Keepers 3
Full Backs 4 (2 left footers)
Central Defenders 4
Wingers 4 (Wingers 3 Wing-backs 1)
Midfield 6 (incl 2 attacking %/or box2box midfielders)
Strikers 4

= 25

Hemed to Spain, which leaves Baldock just about hanging on to a place in the squad.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Neither have played much to effect for a good long while and they are on good contracts with us. I cannot see us holding out for too much of a fee but their salaries will be quite weighty for any club to take on. Would either take much of a salary cut ? I expect mid to lower table Championship interest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Baldock was the best 2nd Striker in the division the season before last. Anything under £5m is an absolute steal. Hemed will get you 15+ goals in the Championship; again, anything under £5m a steal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A ready made promotion pairing if you get the rest of your team decent.

Any sensible owner would surely look to take the pair at the same time

Wont happen I know

That’s the way I look at it.

To be honest, any ambitious championship side should pay the £8million or whatever it would take to get the pair of them along with getting Krul, Rosenior and Sidwell on free’s. Pay a nominal fee for Skalak too and I think you’ve got the makings of a promotion winning side!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Baldock was the best 2nd Striker in the division the season before last. Anything under £5m is an absolute steal. Hemed will get you 15+ goals in the Championship; again, anything under £5m a steal.

Let us not forget that Reading fans think they should receive £15m for a defender with a couple of seasons experience in the Championship, and strikers are always more highly valued, therefore by Reading logic, I'd put them at about £25m each.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That’s the way I look at it.

To be honest, any ambitious championship side should pay the £8million or whatever it would take to get the pair of them along with getting Krul, Rosenior and Sidwell on free’s. Pay a nominal fee for Skalak too and I think you’ve got the makings of a promotion winning side!

Skalak? seriously? He was only a bit part player for us when we played there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Skalak? seriously? He was only a bit part player for us when we played there.

But he was excellent and a big part of the side when we almost went up the year before. I definitely think he could play a part for a top championship side.

I would love Baldock and Hemed to stay but they both deserve to be playing regularly and they were an excellent partnership in 2015/2016 so I really do think a championship side should take a punt on the pair.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
But he was excellent and a big part of the side when we almost went up the year before. I definitely think he could play a part for a top championship side.

I would love Baldock and Hemed to stay but they both deserve to be playing regularly and they were an excellent partnership in 2015/2016 so I really do think a championship side should take a punt on the pair.

Who knows perhaps you will get your wish if no club offers for them but, as you say, both capable of doing a great job in the Championship !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Baldock and Hemed have both been great servants of the club, and yes l agree, both would do very well at Championship level. Jiri Skalak l really can't agree on though, l think 43 appearances in the three years he has been at the Albion tells it's own story.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I'd still like to see Baldock stay think he still has something. Helmets great and gave 100% just not sure of his level

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry neither are Premier strikers , good at championship level though.
And just how much game time in the PL has Baldock had to prove himself? Quite a few of our team had never played in the PL this time last year, and some of those - having been given the chance - have managed the step up, do you not think?
The squad will be what it will be, regardless of what any of us think, but I for one wouldn't lose any sleep if Baldock was to be our 4th.striker.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
And just how much game time in the PL has Baldock had to prove himself? Quite a few of our team had never played in the PL this time last year, and some of those - having been given the chance - have managed the step up, do you not think?
The squad will be what it will be, regardless of what any of us think, but I for one wouldn't lose any sleep if Baldock was to be our 4th.striker.

He’s not strong enough for Prem defenders and we can’t gamble on his fitness. I’m a huge admirer but his time is up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here