Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] i360 wants to reduce repayments

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The problem is, once you're up there. There's NOTHING to see.

Rubbish. There's the sea (lots of it) , some buildings, some green fields in the distance. And some sky. Don't forget the sky. Loads of really interesting stuff.

(And yes I have been up it, but now I've done it I obviously have no need to go again - unless the view changes).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's actually a shitload to look at. The one thing that struck me whilst up it was that there was absolutely no effort to point anything out, just adverts to fly with BA to Bali and that.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Been up had the champagne and afternoon tea with Friends from Worthing and Sulfork the big problem was parking.
Great View and fun.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
The casper family went up there the other week as a treat before the little one goes to school. We got the resident discount but it was still too dear for what it was. Casper junior was 4 1/2 so he still had to pay childs price and he didnt give a monkeys. It was only of minor interest to us as we pointed out were we live etc but when the wife started pointing out Primark I knew we had hit a level. The bar was so expensive and the 'flight' so short no one had a drink so the issue of no toilet was ok.

I was also pleased it started to descend as I imagined any terrorist would explode a bomb when it was at it highest, so that was also a cheery thought

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If the council agree to this request then they should only do so if the operating company are able to show little or no operating profit. There's no point in the council accepting this proposal if the bosses of the i360 are going to take home a chunk of any profits.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
TIf they'd made huge profits would they have paid extra back to the council? If not then they should shoulder the losses too. That's how business works isn't it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is there any information about the actual footfall?

Originally they predicted about 800,000 pa and I think it went to needing about 400,000 pa to break even. Can't be sure of either of these numbers though.

Anyway £40m and we are still left with a crap leisure center. :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
There's actually a shitload to look at. The one thing that struck me whilst up it was that there was absolutely no effort to point anything out, just adverts to fly with BA to Bali and that.

Yeah, I know - I listed them in my post :)

However it's not a patch on what can be seen from the London Eye. On that you're looking at world-famous landmarks, on the i360 you can see Brighton Marina and Shoreham power station. And most of it IS sea. And as others have pointed out because of our geography you can see almost as much from the Downs. Indeed at this time of year my wife and I like to go up to Hollingbury hill fort, sit there with a bottle of wine and some snacks and watch the sun set over the coast. Just as good a view and considerably cheaper.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would go up there but I really can't be arsed as there is nothing to see

Says everyone who has not been up there. Been up, plenty to look at and really enjoyed it. Am I allowed to say that or do I have to join the bandwagon along with pretending to not care about England football team?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Says everyone who has not been up there. Been up, plenty to look at and really enjoyed it. Am I allowed to say that or do I have to join the bandwagon along with pretending to not care about England football team?

Agreed Wilko; I've been on it 3 times due to visitors staying with us and they all loved it, as did I. But hey, I don't want to spoil the moaners fun...

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Yeah, I know - I listed them in my post :)

However it's not a patch on what can be seen from the London Eye. On that you're looking at world-famous landmarks, on the i360 you can see Brighton Marina and Shoreham power station. And most of it IS sea. And as others have pointed out because of our geography you can see almost as much from the Downs. Indeed at this time of year my wife and I like to go up to Hollingbury hill fort, sit there with a bottle of wine and some snacks and watch the sun set over the coast. Just as good a view and considerably cheaper.
If you're up there on the summer equinox, I'll be the naked one with the bottle of Harveys.:drink::drink:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Went up at 'residents rates' a couple of weeks ago as party of my birthday of "touristy things to do in Brighton that we never do".

180 degrees of sea means it's misnamed for a start.
Unlike London we don't have host of world famous landmark buildings and the one we do have is bloody difficult to find... and the Pavilion looks sh1t from above!

It's massively overpriced for what it is and if it were a couple of quid it would be just about worth it.

As someone mentioned Primark is actually the most stand-out "landmark" building!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here