[Football] Yaya accuses Pep of racism

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44364542

Does Yaya have a point or is it simply the whining of a man with a massively over-inflated ego who’s angry that he didn’t get picked more frequently in a season when his club won more games than any other team, drew fewer, lost fewer, scored more goals, conceded the least and amassed a record-breaking number of points with him not playing? You decide.

CJTC.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Does Yaya have a point or is it simply the whining of a man with a massively over-inflated ego who’s angry that he didn’t get picked more frequently in a season when his club won more games than any other team, drew fewer, lost fewer, scored more goals, conceded the least and amassed a record-breaking number of points with him not playing? You decide.

CJTC.

Toure said: "I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous, he took me for a rival. As if I made him a little shade.

"He was cruel to me. I came to wonder if it was not because of my colour.

Well Yaya - seeing as he regularly played Sterling, Sane, Delph, Fernandino, Jesus and Kompany, what do you think?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

CJTC.

On ya bike Yaya

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is he still ANGRY at Man City DISRESPECTING him for FORGETTING his birthday last year?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Spaniards I know are nowhere near as PC in expressing their thoughts as we are in this country, whatever those thought may be.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well Yaya - seeing as he regularly played Sterling, Sane, Delph, Fernandino, Jesus and Kompany, what do you think?

I think it is the next bit where he is saying that he often has problems with Africans is more the accusation. The whole colour thing does through it off his point especially when, as you say, you look at the players that have regularly started

I do not know whether this is true or Pep or not but wasn't the West Ham guy recently sacked for discussing how he didn't like to sign African players. Maybe there is a perception in the game of African players that some use to discriminate against them?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Toure has had a problem with Guardiola for years, stretching back to the former's time at Barcelona. Nothing to see here, any more than there is in the Mourinho vs. Wenger ridiculousness.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I vote for the option of Yaya being an egotist who expects the whole World, and certainly the club to revolve around him.

Pep is a winner, who selected the best side, to get the best results, and it worked.

Yaya was excluded until his moaning agent apologised, and had a tantrum when everyone didn't come out with a cake and sing Happy Birthday.

Nothing to see here, except a precious footballer not liking the reality that he was surplus to requirements.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Accusing someone of Racism is all to easy..... I caught a thief in our local shop, apprehended him with shopkeeper(who is asian) and lad who was black swore at us etc. You`re F..ing racists it`s only cause I`m black etc.

"No mate it`s because you are a theiving little shit".

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Accusing someone of Racism is all to easy..... I caught a thief in our local shop, apprehended him with shopkeeper(who is asian) and lad who was black swore at us etc. You`re F..ing racists it`s only cause I`m black etc.

"No mate it`s because you are a theiving little shit".

But it's so annoying that every idiot that does that makes it infinitely worse for victims of genuine racism to be taken seriously. Bong springs to mind.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

None of them are African.

That doesn't mean that I agree with Toure because I don't know what Pep's interaction with African footballer's actions may be or is.

Man City have a superb team this year so it is difficult to judge whether he should have had more game time last season but if that is how he feels he has every right to express it because you only have to look at all the cases in the past which went unreported or unmentioned. Especially following the Gaetan Bong incident - People still need to be encouraged to speak out if that is what they believe.

I don't think he accuses Pep of Racism but he has first hand experience of his interactions with himself and other African players over the years.

You only have to look at the Ron Atkinson incident. He brought black players to the forefront in this country but it didn't mean that he isn't racist. If that hadn't been recorded on air, I am not sure we would have even heard about it,

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If Yaya had made reference only to his origins, there's a chance he may have had some grounds. But he didn't. He said this:

Fair point. Yaya seems a bit confused to me, seems to be looking for an excuse as to why he wasn't played as much as he would like. To throw the racism card about is a disgusting thing to do to someones reputation imho.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That is quite an explosive interview! I also think it’s total baloney and Yaya, heck of a player that he was, is a bit of a twunt.

The African thing has come out of the fact that he also fell out with Samuel Etto at Barca as well as Yaya but he managed to get on alright with Seydou Keita at the same time. I would suggest that Pep has more of an issue with massive ego’s.

A lot of this is stoked by Yaya’s agent who has a massive issue with Pep. Apparently Pep will never win the Champions League again as he put an African curse on him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here