Votes: 13 5.8%
  • The Geese

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 72 32.3%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe I’m unusual but I call them.......The Police.

On this subject, we also need a lot more Police. A friend and her family were thinking last year of moving to London but as they feel that violent crime in London has increased still further from an already high level in the last 12 months, they have decided it would be unwise to return.

We are lucky in Brighton and Hove, we don’t have the gangs and violence that London has .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So far approx 12% of NSC say they call the Police "Filth or Pigs". Hmmm, what does that say about those 12 % ? I`m in the call the Police "The Police" category. Surprised that Police is not an option in this poll.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I call them the police, unless I'm trying to sound like a bit of a geezer when I use the term Old Bill mainly because the duchess and I were doing a boot fair one Sunday and this grubby bloke comes up to me and says "Old Bill's about, just nicked a feller", tapped the side of his nose and shuffled off. Quite whey he thought Sussex's finest would be interested in some Thunderbirds videos and a teaset is beyond me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So far approx 12% of NSC say they call the Police "Filth or Pigs". Hmmm, what does that say about those 12 % ? I`m in the call the Police "The Police" category. Surprised that Police is not an option in this poll.

well, what with the poll being 'what slang term do you use for the police', having 'the police' as an answer would be a strange option. 'None' would have been useful, mind

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I always use 'the Rozzers' if I'm using a slang term about the police. I don't know why - either why I use that phrase, or why that is a slang term for the police. I'd love to be enlightened what Rozzers actually means

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Cops (plural) or Copper (singular).

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
My wife's from Liverpool but doesn't (thank God) have a Scouse accent, and would never, even up there, have called the police "the Bizzies", but I absolutely fell about laughing when she first said after years of marriage "it's the Old Bill" when she saw a parked police car! Years of living with me in the Saaaff had finally rubbed off!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
"as he's now known, Sting." ~ Alan Partridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here