Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Love Island 2018 Official Thread

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tend to agree and you can see why we have so many issues regarding youngsters when tripe like this is looked upon as brilliant tv and these people are looked upon which is even worse....to think that Geordie shore etc was so successful sums it up.

Many youngsters don't want to work as they're obsessed with becoming famous and image is everything.I wish for the youngsters case that we could go back 20/30 odd years when we had a feel good factor in music and TV instead of the utter garbage that's promoted these days!!!

I honestly was going to post something very similar.
I have a 13 year old daughter, I am trying my hardest for her to have a bit of class, be different, don't follow the crowd etc etc.
But I am fighting a losing battle and its programmes like this that really don't help, it's not just TV I know, but there is so much of this type of stuff on TV and online, it really does send the wrong message.
I obviously won't be watching but I do see parts of it on morning TV, I remember the last one and it was just awful, the men (boys) in the main were total cretins and both sexes were as thick as whales snot, yet they were 'celebrities' and on a lot of money just for looking good.
On this occasion I am more than happy to join the NSC ITV telly snobs.
Makes my piss boil.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
aaaaaa.PNG

Simples!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I honestly was going to post something very similar.
I have a 13 year old daughter, I am trying my hardest for her to have a bit of class, be different, don't follow the crowd etc etc.
But I am fighting a losing battle and its programmes like this that really don't help, it's not just TV I know, but there is so much of this type of stuff on TV and online, it really does send the wrong message.
I obviously won't be watching but I do see parts of it on morning TV, I remember the last one and it was just awful, the men (boys) in the main were total cretins and both sexes were as thick as whales snot, yet they were 'celebrities' and on a lot of money just for looking good.
On this occasion I am more than happy to join the NSC ITV telly snobs.
Makes my piss boil.

Makes me feel lucky that I have a daughter (16 years old) who does not watch any reality tv or soaps. She also does not listen to any of the current crap music that most kids love.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is anal dirge, sadly watched by Mrs Hut

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I just walked into the office, and the gaggle of women behind me were gushing over Love Island. I've never seen it, but they have put me off straight away. Not that I needed putting off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tend to agree and you can see why we have so many issues regarding youngsters when tripe like this is looked upon as brilliant tv and these people are looked upon which is even worse....to think that Geordie shore etc was so successful sums it up.

Many youngsters don't want to work as they're obsessed with becoming famous and image is everything.I wish for the youngsters case that we could go back 20/30 odd years when we had a feel good factor in music and TV instead of the utter garbage that's promoted these days!!!

[tweet]1003732953158029313[/tweet]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
1. Danny Dyer's daughter is called Danni. I don't know if this is a :facepalm: or a :bowdown: to be completely honest.

2. I'm surprised the PC brigade (i.e. me) aren't up in arms about how uniformly straight the whole enterprise is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but I would have thought this was obvious....

Yeah I know, but nevertheless t'is still a fun thing.
I'm happy in a country with more hotties and uggo nerds. :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1. Danny Dyer's daughter is called Danni. I don't know if this is a :facepalm: or a :bowdown: to be completely honest.

2. I'm surprised the PC brigade (i.e. me) aren't up in arms about how uniformly straight the whole enterprise is.

They’ve confirmed a LGBT/gender fluid version of Love Island is in the pipeline. :bowdown:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Over heard a group of teenagers chatting the other day, no talk of working for a living one was going to develop an app for £1m others wanted to go on shite tv programs like this. All about the easy money just what are they teaching in schools these days?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Some of you old moaners are very hypocritical, this moral panic of 'yoof tv' happens every generation about falling standards etc, look back to when you were 18, there was undoubtedly concern about media then. When I was at uni there was loads written about TV shows like The Word, the violence in Mortal Kombat and the bad influence of lad and ladette culture. It's just history repeating itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here