Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on the situation. I don't know the details but if someone was picking on me and or my mrs, I would not stand there and take it.
    Surely the intelligent thing to do would be to walk away? Or is that what you meant....you wouldn't stand there, you'd stand somewhere else?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Why do people presume that footballers should be role models?Many people work in the public eye and he's human like the rest of us and will get these issues now and then.
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Don Tmatter View Post
      Did Rohan Ince get off?
      Yes he was cleared in February 2017 I believe

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      I heard he said something not very classy to Jason .
      Well according to the argument put forward in court it was something along the lines of "No wonder Roy doesn't pick you".

I'm no defence barrister but to my mind, he can't in any way justify whipping off his belt and threatening somebody with it because they made a statement that was, after all, fundamentally accurate.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      His mate who was supporting him in court ended up in the dock as well!!!

A footballer has been fined £1,000 for taking a picture and a short clip of friend Jason Puncheon in court. Bromley FC player Ben Chorley shot the footage as the Crystal Palace captain was sentenced for a public order offence, on Monday. Chorley was charged just moments after Puncheon was handed a community order for lashing out with his belt at a group outside a nightclub. The 35-year-old had been sitting at the back of Staines Magistrates’ Court throughout the hearing, but ended up in the dock himself after being accused of contempt of court. District Judge Michael Snow ordered Chorley to hand over his mobile phone and told him: ‘Mr Chorley, you are now charged with contempt of court. ‘You have taken a photograph in the court of Mr Puncheon in the dock.’
      Last edited by clippedgull; 04-06-2018 at 17:27.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.

Puncheon, 31, appeared at Staines Magistrates' Court for the start of his trial, but changed his plea.

The footballer, of The Warren in Kingswood, Surrey, admitted a public order offence from 17 December near the Mishiko bar on Church Street, Reigate.

When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...But in a twist...

At the end of the hearing, Bromley footballer Ben Chorley, of Oakfield Lane, Dartford, was charged with contempt of court

He is accused of taking a photograph of Puncheon while he was in the courtroom and was held in custody.

Which is in the laws eyes a much more serious offense !

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
      Why do people presume that footballers should be role models?Many people work in the public eye and he's human like the rest of us and will get these issues now and then.
      You are indeed correct, but only assuming he hasn't been used by palace to promote their club in a positive role model type stylee.

You can't be the figurehead of a positive/community/childcentric campaign and a 2am Looney toons without people saying "hang on a minute...".
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SAC View Post
      Depends on the situation. I don't know the details but if someone was picking on me and or my mrs, I would not stand there and take it.
      So if someone was rude about you or your misses, you'd take your belt off and start assaulting people with it? Defending yourself (or your Mrs) is one thing, but that's clearly not what he's done.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by loz View Post
      Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.
      When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".
      If he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it?

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...
      He got arrested and pleaded guilty to a section 4 public order offence. How is that a non story? It's not the sort of thing that would ever happen to most of us?
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      If he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it?

He got arrested and pleaded guilty to a section 4 public order offence. How is that a non story? It's not the sort of thing that would ever happen to most of us?
      It wouldn’t happen to most of us because we are not famous or rich. We would either get six bells kicked out of us or dragged away by mates.