Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jason Puncheon - what a great role model

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why do people presume that footballers should be role models?Many people work in the public eye and he's human like the rest of us and will get these issues now and then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I heard he said something not very classy to Jason .

Well according to the argument put forward in court it was something along the lines of "No wonder Roy doesn't pick you".

I'm no defence barrister but to my mind, he can't in any way justify whipping off his belt and threatening somebody with it because they made a statement that was, after all, fundamentally accurate.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
His mate who was supporting him in court ended up in the dock as well!!! :lol:

A footballer has been fined £1,000 for taking a picture and a short clip of friend Jason Puncheon in court. Bromley FC player Ben Chorley shot the footage as the Crystal Palace captain was sentenced for a public order offence, on Monday. Chorley was charged just moments after Puncheon was handed a community order for lashing out with his belt at a group outside a nightclub. The 35-year-old had been sitting at the back of Staines Magistrates’ Court throughout the hearing, but ended up in the dock himself after being accused of contempt of court. District Judge Michael Snow ordered Chorley to hand over his mobile phone and told him: ‘Mr Chorley, you are now charged with contempt of court. ‘You have taken a photograph in the court of Mr Puncheon in the dock.’

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.

Puncheon, 31, appeared at Staines Magistrates' Court for the start of his trial, but changed his plea.

The footballer, of The Warren in Kingswood, Surrey, admitted a public order offence from 17 December near the Mishiko bar on Church Street, Reigate.

When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...But in a twist...

At the end of the hearing, Bromley footballer Ben Chorley, of Oakfield Lane, Dartford, was charged with contempt of court

He is accused of taking a photograph of Puncheon while he was in the courtroom and was held in custody.

Which is in the laws eyes a much more serious offense !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do people presume that footballers should be role models?Many people work in the public eye and he's human like the rest of us and will get these issues now and then.

You are indeed correct, but only assuming he hasn't been used by palace to promote their club in a positive role model type stylee.

You can't be the figurehead of a positive/community/childcentric campaign and a 2am Looney toons without people saying "hang on a minute...".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Depends on the situation. I don't know the details but if someone was picking on me and or my mrs, I would not stand there and take it.
So if someone was rude about you or your misses, you'd take your belt off and start assaulting people with it? Defending yourself (or your Mrs) is one thing, but that's clearly not what he's done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.
When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".
If he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it?

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...
He got arrested and pleaded guilty to a section 4 public order offence. How is that a non story? It's not the sort of thing that would ever happen to most of us?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it?

He got arrested and pleaded guilty to a section 4 public order offence. How is that a non story? It's not the sort of thing that would ever happen to most of us?

It wouldn’t happen to most of us because we are not famous or rich. We would either get six bells kicked out of us or dragged away by mates.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Talking of role models, Rohan Ince, Lewis Dunk and Anthony Hamilton Knockeart.
Any player at any club can be d1ckheads and/or find themselves in ill advised or unintended situations. I know its slow news days at the moment but seriously.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Any player at any club can be d1ckheads and/or find themselves in ill advised or unintended situations. I know its slow news days at the moment but seriously.

Is that the same Lewis Dunk that was not guilty?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
According to that article the CCTV footage contradicted Puncheons evidence, and also his friend gave a fake name to police while being questioned. Seems like the sort of stuff an innocent person would do...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wouldn’t happen to most of us because we are not famous or rich. We would either get six bells kicked out of us or dragged away by mates.
Or how about just walking away? And people who end up having to defend themselves do not then plead guilty for an offence, as they haven't committed one.

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...
Maybe it's par for the course for a Palace player, but it's not acceptable behaviour elsewhere.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
There’s only one way to sort this out, give him fifty lashes and tell him to belt up! :lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014
Surely the intelligent thing to do would be to walk away? Or is that what you meant....you wouldn't stand there, you'd stand somewhere else?

When do we do the intelligent thing on a night out?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bloody tin pot palace fans. How can you miss Duffy off that list? Incompetence runs through all elements of cpfc2010

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Rohan Ince & Lewis Dunk were acquitted by a jury in their respective trials.
AK pleaded guilty to motoring offences.
Classic whataboutery from Palace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here