Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leroy Sane left out of Germany's World Cup squad.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Not really. I've seen alot of Julian Brandt, the guy who he was up against, and he's been brilliant this season too. Personally, I would choose Sane, but I am not a football manager.

Seems surprising to me that it was a choice between those two in the first place. They seem pretty set on a 4-2-3-1 and are bringing 5 CMs: Kroos, Goretzka, Khedira, Rudy and Gundogan. They have Ozil and Draxler to play number 10, and seemingly Reus, Brandt and Muller in the wide areas. Given that Muller can play in multiple spots it seems bizarre to me they've not decided to take Sane instead of one of the CMs (presumably Rudy). I guess the reason must be so they have the flexibility to play 3 CMs if they're trying to shut up shop, but still seems a bit excessive to me. Also Sane offers something a bit different to their other wide options in his ability to run at players.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Do you think there's a corresponding thread somewhere in Germany entitled 'Glenn Murray left out of England's'?

No, no I don't.

It's funny, a few weeks ago I was going to start a thread suggesting Pascal Gross should be in the German squad.(I think he'd walk into a fair few WC squads). If Sane can't get in then Gross has no chance - and I'm saying that even with my blue-and-white specs on.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
In all of Germany's games it was clear that they desperately needed Sane. From what I've seen he is by far their best player..... and he wasn't even there. Unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here