Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leroy Sane left out of Germany's World Cup squad.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They have phenomenal strength in depth, he'd walk into most WC squads (including ours) if he was eligible.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the one hand it is, but on the other it isn't - IN-SANE

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
An unexpected boost to City for their title defense, with a player of that quality fully rested and not tired after going deep in the World Cup

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
An unexpected boost to City for their title defense, with a player of that quality fully rested and not tired after going deep in the World Cup

Yeah, that and slashing out a few hundred million on players (they don't need).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think he is one of the best players in the PL on his day (and that is quite often) amazed that he is not picked. I guess that comes from not playing for one of the top teams.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That’s mental.
Would start for England for sure. Can’t even get in the Germany 23. Would any English players get in the German team?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Christian Benteke has been left out of Belgium’s squad. I thought he was World Class and better than Lukaku. Massive oversight by the Belgium Manager there. What’s he going to do with his personalised mattress now?

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Big mistake by Germany. First signs of arrogance...?

Not really. I've seen alot of Julian Brandt, the guy who he was up against, and he's been brilliant this season too. Personally, I would choose Sane, but I am not a football manager.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Why is it that they do and we don't?

When Germany crashed out of Euro 2000, they implemented a country wide policy of youth dvelopment above all else. The Bundesliga fell in line with this. Over time, it has meant a steady stream of players being developed at a top standard, all working under the same system.

Over here, the PL money and status meant that clubs were not committed to developing players through to the first team in the same way. It was spend, spend spend - and in reality it still largely is. Less than 33% of PL players are english.

To be fair to Southgate and England, they have implemented a development scheme at st georges, so our elite players are really good now. But we certainly still don't have the depth.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When Germany crashed out of Euro 2000, they implemented a country wide policy of youth dvelopment above all else. The Bundesliga fell in line with this. Over time, it has meant a steady stream of players being developed at a top standard, all working under the same system.

Over here, the PL money and status meant that clubs were not committed to developing players through to the first team in the same way. It was spend, spend spend - and in reality it still largely is. Less than 33% of PL players are english.

To be fair to Southgate and England, they have implemented a development scheme at st georges, so our elite players are really good now. But we certainly still don't have the depth.

Lucky enough Bundislega teams, have recognised England has a lot of young talented players coming through in this new generation and are snapping them up and taking them, hopefully to the benefit of our national team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here