Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Grimmy

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Apologies if already mentioned but Grimmy leaving the R1 breakfast show after 6 successful years. :nono:

R1 chief exec said he was one of the greatest ever breakfast show presenters not just on R1 but any national breakfast show. Greg James has got some very big boots to fill.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apologies if already mentioned but Grimmy leaving the R1 breakfast show after 6 successful years. :nono:

R1 chief exec said he was one of the greatest ever breakfast show presenters not just on R1 but any national breakfast show. Greg James has got some very big boots to fill.

For once, rather than other people biting all the time, what do YOU think?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Me too. Switched to Radio 2 the day after he took over.
Chris Evans, Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright, Simon Mayo - I know it’s age related but once I discovered them (or re-discovered as most of them I used to listen to on Radio 1 for over 20years) never looked back

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Scott Mills & Chris Stark carry Radio 1 daytime currently.

Greg James seems to have gone massively downhill recently, Nick Grimshaw is the human embodiment of nails down a chalkboard and the less said about Clara Amfo the better. I genuinely think she’s some kind of robot which was solely created to annoy the f*ck out of me.

Annie Mac in the evening is still brilliant though. Whatever she’s paid is not enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Radio presenters are highly annoying, all of them

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For once, rather than other people biting all the time, what do YOU think?

I think he’s done a great job. He’s lost millions of listeners but that’s what the R1 bosses demanded of him, they wanted to lose the 30+ listeners which he did and make it more relevant to the youth. The genius of what’s he’s done is losing nearly all of the older listeners whilst reconnecting with and the surge of 18-24 listeners.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Radio 1 is set up to appeal to the 16-24 market. Those of us old enough to remember when DLT, Noel Edmonds, Simon Mayo, Simon Bates etc were the mainstays of Radio 1 will recall when the new head off Radio 1 (Bannister) got rid of the lot, simply because while they were still pulling in millions of listeners, those listeners were getting older and the core of the audience were getting outside of the demographic that the station was meant to be serving. There was an outcry, campaigns, listener numbers tumbled, while the "new breed" took over. However over time Radio 1 got back to providing for its intended audience.
Every few years a similar (but not quite so drastic) cull occurs to prevent the same thing happening as its audience grows older- Moyes made way for Grimshaw, who will now make way for someone else. There will be a revamp to the presenting line up, and some ;listeners will be lost to Radio 2, or the crapFM franchises, and new listeners will switch on to the new hip sound of Radio 1.

Same happens to a lot of American TV shows that are pulling in viewers in millions, that audience ages with the show, and eventually falls outside the "golden 18-40something group" that TV execs think are the only ones that matter, so the shows are cancelled despite huge viewer numbers

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
logans-run-palm-flower.jpg

When the red stops flashing its time to depart Radio 1 forever.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Grimmy is an annoying **** and the reason I stopped listening to R1 on the way to work.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Radio 1 should be discontinued. Pile of shit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Grimmy has to be one of the most pretentious djs ever to work on R1, his show is all about his small insignificant group of loved up wannabes.
In three words, me me me!
Up there with Chris Moyles IMO.
Much prefer to listen to Greg James, Clara Amfo and Scot Mills.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here